• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Have a slight predicament

killerfly128

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to order an engine and it will be delivered on a semi ... I have no ide how to get the damned thing off of it. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone have a loading dock that I could use? I would rather not pony up the extra $100 to get it delivered on a truck with a lift gate so any help would be appreciated.

I am located in the Keller area

Tow straps? LOL, Sorry I have no ideas for you.

Got any tall strong trees near the road they'll drive down with the truck? Head for the nearest marina and pick up enough good pulleys to build a block&tackle, or the nearest harbor freight and pick up a shop hoist (50 bucks - http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=996). Hang it from the tree with however much rope you need. At least you can get it off the truck onto the ground then...

I can measure the height on mine tomorrow if you'd like. blaise

That would be great !!!!

Got any tall strong trees near the road they'll drive down with the truck? Head for the nearest marina and pick up enough good pulleys to build a block&tackle, or the nearest harbor freight and pick up a shop hoist (50 bucks - http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=996). Hang it from the tree with however much rope you need. At least you can get it off the truck onto the ground then...

No trees around ... the blessings of Texas suburbia huh?

Is it on a pallet? If you have some long boards you could slide it down that if you have a little extra muscle. It'd still be a bitch though. Once it's on the ramps it shouldn't be too bad.

Is it on a pallet? If you have some long boards you could slide it down that if you have a little extra muscle. It'd still be a bitch though. Once it's on the ramps it shouldn't be too bad.

That may be a plan. I need to ask a buddy if he has any I could use. Not sure if it is going to be in a plastic crate or a pallet yet though. Will find out more details on Monday.

I have 5 loading docks at one of my properties we could use, but then the motor would still be three hours away from you.

Yeah, but it would cost you the $100 you saved on shipping just to drive down here and pick it up.

5 mattresses and a winch? I think you can figure the rest of my plan out.

I know, I am not good at ideas right now. I used up all the good ones I had this weekend.

Back