• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Haspin Trip Saturday 1/3

Jen and I had a blast ..the mud was tons of fun,it did take 45 minutes to power wash it off the rigs but that's expected. :)

Had a great time ! The mud and slick conditions kept ya on your toes all day..

Whats great about Haspin is you never know what to expect.

We met some nice Hummer wheelers to start the day, they asked if we knew a way to Devils Backbone that would'nt cause body damage??

So we started the day with five jeeps leading five or six hummers.

The best question of the day from a Hummer Wheeler . So is there a way to get to the bottom of Devils Backbone??? He He Hee (Sorry still can't stop ) My answer Yeah you drive down it... Then everyone in a jeep drove down it.. LOL sorry LOL

I gotta say Jen your a natural.. Boys this girl can wheel !!!

A couple of vids to enjoy. Pics to follow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLw7Ox7ezXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOr02Heoymc

Parked my muddy rig in front of the garage last night ,it rained now I will be cleaning the driveway and the jeep.

Nick

Sweet! Thanks!

(Although somehow pic #23 sorta looks like I peed myself... :dunno:)

Robert

Great pics. Sorry to have missed all that winching and strapping and such. How did those bigassed Hummers do?

PS, we are going back out on the 10th if anyone wants a repeat of yesterday!

http://www.terrainstompers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2867

You won't believe me when I tell you, we should have got video...

Guy actually got stuck, coming down the Backbone. They wouldn't follow us down the middle, and tried going around the side. Guy ended up with his $70k rig wedged between two trees.

As they started pulling winch cable, they told us to go on without em.

Maybe they were being considerate, and didn't want to hold us up all day.

Maybe they didn't like being shown up by what looked like a group of abandonded vehichles...

:D Robert

You won't believe me when I tell you, we should have got video...

Guy actually got stuck, coming down the Backbone. They wouldn't follow us down the middle, and tried going around the side. Guy ended up with his $70k rig wedged between two trees.

As they started pulling winch cable, they told us to go on without em.

Maybe they were being considerate, and didn't want to hold us up all day.

Maybe they didn't like being shown up by what looked like a group of abandonded vehichles...

:D Robert

Man , I sure wish I'd seen that stuff.

I agree some video would have been nice , but they sat more than they were moving.

Right before leaving. I ran into a few of them at the air compressor. They spent three hours at the backbone.Most of their rigs were for the most part not muddy...

I'am with Robert .. The look of our rigs( you know trail rash, plexa glass,flat black paint,duck tape etc etc) I'am amazed they trusted us to get them back there with no body damage.

Sure would like to go on the 10th Greg, but my tear down must start to be ready in time for winterfest.

Happy Trails
Nick

HAHA! stupid Hummers. If they were all built like H1's but smaller it'd be ok but no GM screwed that up!

Back