• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anybody actually installed a set of Hooligan Off road tube fenders?

180 is for the skins I think. Adding flares makes it $400 for a finished welded product. Some of us don't have the skills, tools, or time to just make out own. I'm certain it can be done cheaper yourself, but not by me, and they wouldn't fit as well as Thor/jeep tubes.

Only thing that has kept me from getting the jeeptubes fenders is they aren't cut high enough. I'd have to trim away more of the plating, then i'm not sure if the tube that they make would even fit.

The xtreme setup from HORE is cut exactly how mine are and just what I was looking for, but I'm glad I didn't get them if the quality is that bad. Not sure how you bend the plate in the wrong spot when all XJ fenders are the same.

I don't know how jeepers are out east, but I know here in the SW, if you need some help with something, and I can help I will. I've got a welders, plasmas tube benders, chop saws, etc etc. You cover my consumable cost and bring a few beers. We are golden. Seems to be how things are around here. Sorry off topic, back to the regularly scheduled program.

I don't know how jeepers are out east, but I know here in the SW, if you need some help with something, and I can help I will. I've got a welders, plasmas tube benders, chop saws, etc etc. You cover my consumable cost and bring a few beers. We are golden. Seems to be how things are around here. Sorry off topic, back to the regularly scheduled program.
Coming out to socalfest Nate?

180 is two sticks of 1.5x.120 DOM tubing, combine that and a couple hours, and it is very easy to do yourself for less than that.

180$ seems like alot for materials but not for labor and R&D to make em right, it would take a day to build some decent ones yourself.

Where do you buy your tube from ? I pay around 2.80$-3.00$ a ft (usually buy no less than 80ft though) for roughly 18 ft long sticks 1.5"x.120 wall DOM. One stick could easily do 2 fenders with one stick.

180$ seems like alot for materials but not for labor and R&D to make em right, it would take a day to build some decent ones yourself.

Where do you buy your tube from ? I pay around 2.80$-3.00$ a ft (usually buy no less than 80ft though) for roughly 18 ft long sticks 1.5"x.120 wall DOM. One stick could easily do 2 fenders with one stick.

Those prices are definately on the high side, Unfortunately i buy a lot of my stuff from IMS, which does not have the best prices, but they do have the good DOM. I havent re-upped on DOM in probably a year, and since then, ive gotten access to commercial account with them =)

I think I have a couple more pics of the fronts, I've been gone to KOH for 10 days, I'll look this week. Customer bailed on installing the rears after seeing how shitty the fronts fit.

This is pretty telling. I'll probably go Thor skins with jeep tubes fenders and JCR or Thor rears when I'm ready.

Opps, let me try this again. LOL
2013-02-01_17-00-52_351.jpg

Holy confusion Batman!

HORE, THOR, HOOLIGANS, JeepTubes..

I'm assuming there is some trimming to gain tire clearance or why bother at all, eh?
Does one brand provide more tire clearance than the others?
So far I'm leaning toward JeepTubes but have to measure how far my tires show so I can choose the width option correctly.
Honestly though, I'd like to go with JCR rear quarters and get tubes to weld on if that's a possibility. I'm not a fabricator or welder but have access to folks who are..

I bought the Jeeptubes front skins and tubes separate so I could custom fit them to my rig.

The skins are now 11ga (was 16ga) and are hefty. I have not had time to install yet though.

Back