• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

good!

100_0301.jpg

I bled the brakes and took in around the block. man its loud with open headers and no doors! its pretty weird to look out the door and see almost the whole tire out there. its going to make spotting my self pretty easy.

Put one of those round postal truck mirrors on the passenger front corner of the body so you can see the other tire too.

so getting the rear ready

preppedand painted the 14b. didnt go as crazy with the prep. most of the paints gonna get scraped off any way.

pulled my 44. looks so empty with nothing there

100_0315.jpg

here they are side by side for comparison

100_0317.jpg

Its gonna get a little shave. About an inch or so is comming off the bottom. But yea its a big blue anchor. If i was closer to ross id have him do his fancy pants shave-age.

You're going to be ready for NACFest right?
Only a few short weeks!!!

You're going to be ready for NACFest right?
Only a few short weeks!!!

I think so. I dont think the rear will take long. Im dedicating every non working moment to finishing it.

I hope to get my atlas support done too, but its not the end of the world if i cant. I have all the parts i need already fingers crossed.

I dont have my wheels yet which is making me alittle nervous. I ordered them middle of april.

so I welded my perches on and shaved the bottom of the diff.

forgot to take a before
2012-06-02_16-28-41_760.jpg

after
2012-06-02_16-29-44_672.jpg

I should still have room to drill a small hole and add a small bolt to help keep it from leaking.

now Im trying to rebuild my hubs but I cant get the F-ing seals out. the seals sit flush with the back of the hub so I cant use my puller. I think Im going to have to build some stupid rig to get the puller up higher.

I'm trying to remember, I either punched the seal out with a long driver thru the hub or used a hammer and pryed it off with the claw end.

Yea iv tried both of those. Idk. Ive practically ripped my vice off the work bench prying on it. And hitting it from the other side iv managed to slide the race up to it but thats as far as it will go.

Back