• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hard start, runs great

Just remember to install in o-rings if you pull the injectors!

Oh, and don't let it drip fuel onto your hot manifold.

I got a PM from a guy in my area who has a set of injectors I can try, so that'll either completely eliminate or verify a leaking injector in one fell swoop. lol I'll definitely post back the results as soon as I have a chance to try them out.

Worst case I bet I could pull all the injectors, leave them connected to the rail, pressurize the system and see if any are dripping.

That "Worst case I bet I could pull all the injectors, leave them connected to the rail, pressurize the system and see if any are dripping."

May be risky. If you do, make sure all the metal clips are on top, holding the injectors in place, holding them on the fuel rail, and do not crank the engine, just switch to run for 1 second then off!!!!!! And look for leaks. Best if two people do it.

I am not sure if the metal clips alone will hold the pressure???? without an injector being launched? That is why I test mine with a 9 volt battery, a pair of small jumper wires I just blow on the inlet end with my mouth.

Last edited:
Hmm I hadn't thought of the injectors flying off from the pressure. My idea was to just turn the key to on and let the pump prime and see if any fuel drips out.

Now I see why you gave that testing regime for them - sounds a lot safer. I think I may pass on my "worst case" idea unless it turns out that that is an acceptably safe way to check them. hahaha

That "Worst case I bet I could pull all the injectors, leave them connected to the rail, pressurize the system and see if any are dripping."

May be risky. If you do, make sure all the metal clips are on top, holding the injectors in place, holding them on the fuel rail, and do not crank the engine, just switch to run for 1 second then off!!!!!! And look for leaks. Best if two people do it.

I am not sure if the metal clips alone will hold the pressure???? with an injector being launched? That is why I test mine with a 9 volt battery, a pair of small jumper wires I just blow on the inlet end with my mouth.

Just remember to install in o-rings if you pull the injectors!

Oh, and don't let it drip fuel onto your hot manifold.

YES, do not reuse the old O'rings!!! Use new ones!!

Check that cap and rotor for mud and water next, FIRST!!! Since you had mud on the O2 sensor, chances are it got under the Dizzy cap!!!

Last edited:
Already replaced the cap and rotor and plugs. That was the first thing I did, especially since it's been raining around here and I had just recently had to spray out the engine bay a bit.

New o-rings, got it. I'll pick up a set before I try out the other injectors.

I take it when installing o-rings, it is like any other, use some motor oil or something to lube them so they don't tear right?

YES, do not reuse the old O'rings!!! Use new ones!!

Check that cap and rotor for mud and water next, FIRST!!!

Sounds like an adventure to me! :dunno:

yep, I think one or two of mine were missing those clips at one time. The bolts that hold the fuel rail down to the intake manifold keep that happening when driving, LOL, i.e. from combustion pressure launching the entire bunch of them, the other way with the fuel rail, LOL! :explosion

Rob707 put Ford 19lbs. injectors into my Jeep. It's running a lot better now, but it's still having a hard start. We checked the TPS, the IAC and a couple of other things with no benefit.

At this point Rob has discovered that flooring the Jeep when starting it puts it into clear flood mode. Apparently a bad temperature sensor (not sure which one) can cause the PCM to overfuel the engine, leading to a flood.

Yay, chasing gremlins is fun! hah

Problem solved. It was a bad temperature sensor. Jeep is running better than it has since I got it.

Thanks to everyone, especially Rob707 for all the help!

Back