• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ham-bonehead mj build

I'm working on the same setup for my xj, how did you do your radius arm frame mounts?

Welded them to the unibody right in front of the factory cross member for the trans.

yep thats me.

I thought that was you. I was the one the broke saturday morning before even getting in the park. Luckly Kim(85xjwoody) was nice enough to let me and the ex ride along for the day.

I took it out this past Saturday for a shake down run and it did alright over all. Put a hole in the radiator from one of my electric fans but was able to patch it and keep wheeling. Ended the day by shearing off the front output shaft on the transfercase at the yoke. Only got a couple of pics.

2ef66343.jpg

cd8388e9.jpg

833aa47b.jpg

a pic of my mj and a buddies xj
58eda042.jpg

I do have a question for anyone running bigger that stock axles with bigger brakes. I noticed when I took this thing out to get the brakes to really lock up I had to stand on the pedal darn near and the pedal travel seemed a little to much. I was just wondering if anyone was running a bigger master cylinder or if most are just going with the factory master?

Well as this thing has been sitting I have come up with a few more things I would like to do to this thing. Really need to atleast bob the bed but debating a dove tail while I'm at it. Also would like to move the radiator to the rear and going to probably throw in a set of brown dog motor mounts.

Well, the comanche is now up for sale. Some things have recently happened and now am looking to sell the jeep and get something that gets a little better fuel mileage as I have been driving this thing for a little while now as my DD. Hopefully it will find a new home soon with someone who can afford and has time to take it out and beat it up. lol:greensmok

Here are some updated pics of how the jeep currently sits. Took the front spring isolators out so now it sits pretty much level, before the front sat high. Also FINALLY took the spacers out from the hood hinges that the PO put in there so the hood sits level in the back also. Had to put a new trans mount in it as well as a motor mount, had replaced the pass side mount not to long ago. Kind of getting to the point where I am going to not want to sell it. But it's time, want something better on fuel mileage since this is now my DD.

05d62994.jpg

b69fad58.jpg

354c0bdc.jpg

Back