• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

half doors

the doors stripped all down
309hvur.jpg

dy0rab.jpg

I kept my window frames and didnt cut below hip height to keep kinda legal up here. I had the opinions of a local vehicle inspector and two police officers before I even started. Laws are probably much different down there though. Heres a look at the doors,they still look alright to me with the frames.
jeepmods022.jpg

I kept my window frames and didnt cut below hip height to keep kinda legal up here. I had the opinions of a local vehicle inspector and two police officers before I even started. Laws are probably much different down there though. Heres a look at the doors,they still look alright to me with the frames.
jeepmods022.jpg

that does look good. and nice xj i see its a rare one with the sunroof

I need a sunroof for my MJ.

Not trying to steal your thunder in your thread OP, but...

No, I have an MJ with a sunroof, and honestly, its kinda pointless. Sure you have a sunroof, but really all you can do is lift it up 4 inches......you cant roll it back and stick your hands out at all. Maybe a sunroof could be put in that rolled back (I think that is called a moonroof actually) but mine was not so equipped and the PO said it was factory (as the first and only owner). I dont know. I wish mine had a solid top really.

If I would swap you tops, I would. And this is just how I feel about the sunroof wannabe on the top of my truck. Hope yours works like you want it, but to me its pointless

:clap: Progress!!! :clap:

...looks good man!

mine may see this treatment one day... after it's banned from the malls :gag:

Matt says you should go to Pull-a-Part and get a sunroof assembly from an early box body Explorer... it'll fit right in and can act as a vent or be removed. Had one in his other MJ and it ran under $30 for everything.

I like this idea ... I'll need a hand cutting a hole in the roof though. I'll get on this after I get it running good.

Back