• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Half doors coming along....

I'm thinking of taking doors and removing all but the outer 2 inches, basically just leave the frame of it, and make removable canvas with window similar to what you did and brace the center of the open section with steel rod.

Nice work on the doors I have canvas covers for my tube doors and I built a frame and have the window also, but man that's high for the canvas covers. I had mine done for $75.

Resurrecting the dead, I know, but
Any more pics / updates on how it has held up?

Funny. I sold this rig about 4 years ago now, and I know the guy that has it. He has slid the doors over a fair share of rocks, so they hardly look pretty anymore, and I havent seen the canvas in a long time, but they have held up great! I think adding the structure to the top of the door frame helped them maintain their shape as they took beatings. Just a theory.

Off topic- I filled my half doors up with expanding spray foam. Added alot of strength and minimal weight. my .02

Better hope those things don't leak when it rains. That foam will turn into a giant sponge and retain water. Making them rust from the inside out. :eyes:

Back