• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

New question.

Reflex/red dot sights. There are a whole lot of cheap ones out there and a few that are more expensive than my gun collection. Well, maybe not, but close. :) Any experiences out there as far as reasonably priced ones go? I bought a NcStar a while back that neither Zac nor I could zero it on my 10/22. That it was our lack of experience is a real possibility.

There are only two I would run. Eotech or Aimpoint. Yes they are expensive but you get what you pay for. Personally I like Eotech.

Ordered a few suppressors this week. The wait begins.

Did you set up a trust? I am contemplating a suppressor and would do so through a trust.

I shot a 7.5 inch ar pistol at the range today.
I must have one. Shooting the "pistol" was a riot. The fire balls and recoil are worth it alone.

Last edited:
When I was in High School, my pops bought an old army rifle and went to work on sporterizing it. I would hang out and watch him work. Of course we had some discussions. It brought back a lot of memories when I took it out yesterday.

DSCN3099 (768x1024).jpg

I shot a 7.5 inch ar pistol at the range today.
I must have one. Shooting the "pistol" was a riot. The fire balls and recoil are worth it alone.

My pops had an AK47 pistol for a short time. We took it out and quickly determined it was just a novelty. Dangerous and hard to control really. I imagine the AR15 is much easier to control with the significantly less harsh recoil of the .223.

The Thompson .45 in the pic....... now THAT's a riot to shoot. Stupid-difficult to put a magazine into and the barrel mag takes patience to load and put on the gun....... but it's a HOOT with soft recoil and amazingly accurate. I'm pretty much done gun collecting with what I have, but if one of those came along for a good price, I'd be hard pressed to not grab one.

IMG_20110730_181839.jpg

Last edited:
it's for sure a novelty. That's why I had to build one today with a 50 cal muzzle break. Haha
Put this together at live fire amory. It was fun building a ar15!
I ordered a sig brace and a dot from primary arms. Mmmmm
Also, here's a Russian Sig I recently picked up as well. This 7x62x39 Sig is damn underrated. I love that it takes any ak mags/

Gawd those make me stiff in the trousers........

Renewed my membership with Whistling pines gun club. They have suppresors for rent!
The balance from a suppresor is great for stabilizing after shots.
I haven't shot pistol "seriously" in years. It felt good to practice my old routines for tight groups. This is shooting Tula ammo at 6 yards standing. I need to build the muscle memory before getting out further.

Last edited:
We're to assume your guns already had threaded barrels......... right?

Pretty cool stuff!

I still wanna buy that kit to adapt the long oil filters or canister fuel filters to the barrel of a rifle...... so I can be environmentally conscious when using gun solvent to clean my gun's barrel. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Ya. Haha the fde FN fnx is mine it came threaded. The 1911 and suppresor I rented from the club.
I noticed those filters. Haha/ super sketchy to me to do it on a gun without paying the tax and waiting the time.
Meh. I'll just rent one from my club when I want to use a legit silencer.

Thanks Led! Solvent Trap adaptor ordered!

Back