• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guage Cluster!!

XJLafonda

NAXJA Forum User
Alrighty, I was searching through the forum for this, and found one thing that said that there were like FOUR models of guage clusters for my era of XJ. I want to see if I can find one with a tachometer, because I have a 5sp in my XJ...but instead of a tach, i've got a grossly over lage fuel gauge...WHO NEEDS A 6" FUEL GAUGE!?

So...any input on this whole dillemma, because on a 5spd, driving without a tach is kinda difficult, cause I'm not used to the sound of a 4.0 yet...and I'm trying to squeeze some MPG outta the gas hog.

hmm... year of your XJ will definately help others help you

Yeah I agree about the tach, try living with mountain passes

you drive a 94'

Last edited:
91-96 is what I found with 10 min. of searching.

I did the same thing to my 87' renix, grab senders or your guages will not work

any auto parts store. You need to change the oil pressure and water temp sensor.

+1 to that. don't want to skimp on the stuff that tells ya if your XJs about to blow up or not :D

u could jus buy an aftermarket tach. that is provided that u can find one without a 9inch diameter on it!!!Not to mention a big yellow shift light.....(damn ricers)

Harlee&Tahoe said:
better off getting new ones than using old donor ones
:yelclap: Dealership/Auto Parts store for the new sensors.

Make sure you specify to the counterman that you want the sensors for the guage-style cluster, not the idiot-light style one.

It's all plug-and-play after that. (I did this swap in my 85 2.5L a few years back.... couldn't stand that stupid upshift light coming on at 2k rpms. :wstupid: ).

XJLafonda said:
I don't like the big huge honkin' shift lights...it's annoying. i'm like WHO'S SHIFTIN' HERE!?!? I KNOW WHEN I WANNA SHIFT!
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Shift when then the motor tells you to shift. Not some light. The light is OK for beginners or first time stick drivers. I forget it's even there.
Tachs look kool. BUT (IMO) better to keep your eyes on the road not watchen some needle.

XJLafonda said:
I don't like the big huge honkin' shift lights...it's annoying. i'm like WHO'S SHIFTIN' HERE!?!? I KNOW WHEN I WANNA SHIFT!

I ROFL'd.

So true. I put tape over the factory shift light too.

And, the high beam indicator. Effing' thing is bright...

Back