• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand Wagoneer axles into MY XJ

Okay it finally officall. I am now the pround new owner of a 1989 Running Grand Wagoneer. DANA 44's here I am.:clap:

Know the truely fun part that got me started in the 4X4 arena. Ripping into something and getting dirty. And yes the behind the wheel part is starting to get attached to me.

So after much reading and checking daily for the past year I belive its my turn for a build thread. The only problem is that I have to part out the rest of the Wagoneer to come close to breaking even. So it might be another month of waiting until the actual building begins.:(

If you've done a years worth of researching, why would you try to run D44s with a vacuum disconnect?

That's like the first thing people warn you about when looking through Waggy 44s. You've even been told to stay away in this thread.

If you've done a years worth of researching, why would you try to run D44s with a vacuum disconnect?

That's like the first thing people warn you about when looking through Waggy 44s. You've even been told to stay away in this thread.

Well it looks like you are going to make me consult my Dana 44 library of congress. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: In the link below, scroll down about 3/4's the way down, it says from 1980-1981 or 1985-1992 are the years when the Grand Wagoneer came out with a non-vacum actuated Dana 44. These Waggy 44's are coming out of 1989, which falls inbetween the second grouping. Also they made it like my favorite coloring book and gave pictures of exactly what to look for.

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Dana44.htm

No hard feelings, just been on the computer to long and not in the garage enough. Considering I've just got a second Jeep as well as my new Supermoto street bike.

You said it yourself lol.

Ya a vacum swith to switch the T-Case, which is the Quadratrac T-Case. What everyone else what talking and warning me about was th vacum shifter on the axle housing its self which it does not have.

So here are a couple quick shoots of the newly perchased beast and she is a beast. I forgot what it was like to drive a really HEAVY Jeep. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

th_Wagoneer002.jpg

th_Wagoneer005.jpg

And underneath sites a matching par of DANA 44's without the vacum on the housings. :eyes: As they site know the seals are all good and that all I tell from looking. I've got to start stripping the entire thing down and try and sell parts.

Back