• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand Cherokee seat swap

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
Well, my seats in my '95 are kinda sorry as of now, and with an extended trip coming up, I need some better padding for my posterior.

Will seats from a newer Cherokee or Grand Cherokee fit, without *much* bracketry modifications?

Any other vehicles to look at for good seats?

Thanks

Fergie

Hey,
I asked the same thing awhile back. The consensus I got was that you need to reshape the mound in the middle(I'm drawing a blank :p) Between the seats, figure out new wiring and they are differen't mounting as well. As far as the extent of the difference I am not sure.

- Kevin

Fergie said:
Well, my seats in my '95 are kinda sorry as of now, and with an extended trip coming up, I need some better padding for my posterior.

Will seats from a newer Cherokee or Grand Cherokee fit, without *much* bracketry modifications?

Any other vehicles to look at for good seats?

Thanks

Fergie
The reason you need some padding for your posterior is the fact that you have no padding ON your posterior! :laugh3:
Talk to Brian (xjnation) He's done alot of seat swapping and can tell you what fits... :wave:

The concensus is that WJ seats bolt onto a 95'+ XJ bracket. How about ZJ seats? It shouldn't matter whether the seats are leather or cloth as they should be the same mounting.

I'd like more clarification on this, old thread revived from the dead. :laugh3:

Troy

Big Red said:
The concensus is that WJ seats bolt onto a 95'+ XJ bracket. How about ZJ seats? It shouldn't matter whether the seats are leather or cloth as they should be the same mounting.

I'd like more clarification on this, old thread revived from the dead. :laugh3:

Troy
Oo, I remember someone posted a step by step with pics a few months ago, check out the members tech page..

RichP said:
Oo, I remember someone posted a step by step with pics a few months ago, check out the members tech page..

Any info for non members (former members)? My 2 year membership lapsed. :laugh3:

Troy

97+ XJ seats will fit in 96- XJs. I have exactly that now. And two female seatbelt buckles now(one on floor, one on seat).

91 Jeep Project said:
How many seat swap threads are you going to drag up? I count three so far, plus a reply in the current one..........:twak:

Sorry, just trying to make sure before I spend $250-400 or so on Grand Cherokee leather seats.

Are WJ seats a bolt in whereas ZJ seats are not? Either one you cannot use the Grand Cherokee mounting in your XJ correct? If this is the case then why not just get leather power seats from a Limited XJ then you can use the power seat bracket as well as the seats?

Back