• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my Bumper Done!

Looks good, if you do alot of camping now you'll only have to find ONE tree to hang a hammoc from... :D or make it a bit bigger and you got a handy spot for porch swing to mount, handy at a drive-in :D Just kidding.
Personally I wouldnt want something sticking out that far, I have a bad habit of whacking my noggin on my rear hatch when it's open let alone having something stick out that far in the front when I spend more time underneath the nose than I do in the back... probably end up with a permanent crease in the back of my skull...handy feature for keeping hats on.
Bumper itself looks good, got a bit more detailed pic on that and how you mounted it ??
Did you weld any light tabs on ?

Capitalization and punctuation are as important as safety glasses.

the first 4 weeks we were in the classroom, so it realy only took about 5 weeks, only getting to work on it 35 minutes TOPS per day. so somewhere around 10-12 hours. i dont have any close pics of how i mounted it but its mounting plate is welded to the stock tow hook brackets. the light tabs are still on the to do list right now. next hour im gonna move the tow hooks up to the top of the bumper on the winch plate.

kolby

Lawn Cher' said:
Capitalization and punctuation are as important as safety glasses.

*snicker* :dunce:

lankchevy said:
well i got the tow hooks moved to the top last hour. sorry i have horrible english, sue me

kolby

hint: you can do more with good grammar and communication skills than you can with a welder.

Nice work on the bumper-- but I don't buy it about it protecting the radiator. We had a guy locally who was bragging about how his stinger would protect his Radiator in a rollover-- until he rolled the jeep and a rock punctured his peft corner of the radiator. A conservative bumper like an ARB with the header tube would have prevented it.

lankchevy said:
its not ALL the weight, but those poles are pretty stong, havent broke one yet lol and its not realy a stump, just a peice of a HUGE limb that fell in my yard this spring so it will fall out of the way, trust me.

kolby

Man, that is a ballsy way to test your rig.

Back