• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got another xj

JJacobs

NAXJA Forum User
Maybe now Led will stop harrassing me for having a street Jeep.. (probably not)
I just picked up an 89 from a coworker for 200 bones. It's got a few oil leaks, bad front axle ujoints, crap starter and who knows what else. Oh, they ran it low on oil and put ATF in when it started knocking... drove to the shop and added oil, been running like a champ ever since. Gotta love 4.0's.

I think there's enough parts in the garage to put a 3" on it, not sure about the shocks though. I could use some bargain 31's if anybody's got some laying around.

Yes, it's staying 4WD. party1:

Me too, I bought a crashed 91 4.0 aw4 with 114,000 on the clock. "Frame" bent, and front clip is trashed. The radiator is into the fans and the power steering pump broke it's pulley. Somebody stole the front passenger window.:dunno: But the impact stopped just before the motor. With 189,000 on my 91, by the time I wear it out, I hope to have my stroker done. Plus there's all the spare parts. :D

congrats on your score JJacobs, you didn't spend as much as me, and you can drive yours.:shocked:

DAryl

JJacobs said:
Maybe now Led will stop harrassing me for having a street Jeep.. (probably not)
I just picked up an 89 from a coworker for 200 bones. It's got a few oil leaks, bad front axle ujoints, crap starter and who knows what else. Oh, they ran it low on oil and put ATF in when it started knocking... drove to the shop and added oil, been running like a champ ever since. Gotta love 4.0's.

I think there's enough parts in the garage to put a 3" on it, not sure about the shocks though. I could use some bargain 31's if anybody's got some laying around.

Yes, it's staying 4WD. party1:
Bout time

Well I guess the world won't be right for a while then. :shocked: This will be a DD to replace the car I'm trying to sell now to help fund flying lessons.
Super pimp 94 Sable, $1500 with a bunch of work just done including head gaskets.

I bet it's hawwt in AZ right now!

If your looking for 31's, ive got a set of cheapo no name 31x10.50s mounted on 5 spoke Jeep alloys that id sell for CHEAP...thier not all that agressive and the sidewalls have seen better days, but theyve got good tread, do just fine off-road and they hold air! Send me a PM if your interested. You gotta get em before wed. thought.

Last edited:
Jabeepa said:
Nope it's perfect. In the low to mid 90's.

Thats my boiling point! :D

Back