• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good sway bar? AntiRockXJ

If you can compare a TJ with the factory rear sway-bar to a XJ with rear leafs, then see how the TJ benefits from the use of a Anti-sway bar, then how could it not help a XJ. I've ridden in TJ's with and without one and it definately has mad me a believer. Thats why I have a 39" universal system sittin in the garage waiting for me to build bracktes and such to bolt it on. And you ask why 39".......to clear all the bumper and C-rok plate bolts, I plan on bending the arms back in after all the hardware.

fdsa487 said:
I just want to see a cherokee with this torsion type of sway bar on it. No one seems to have it.

I would rather see the custom fabbed one ( http://www.rockequipment.com/cat26.htm )
as opposed to the T&J performance one.

cj7038.jpg

I have the TJ antirock on my XJ. Now, keep in mind, I bought my XJ with it already installed. But, neverthless, I like it. Because it has the longer arms from the TJ, I can't use the two rear-most adjustment holes as the link will rub the spring. But, I can use the middle hole and the other two front-most holes. I use the middle hole for off-road, and the very front hole for street. It's nice never having to disconnect and reconnect. Also, it helps to icolate the jounces after coming off a large rock or something.

When adjusted to the front for the street, it tightens the front end a TON. It's a huge difference driving on the road between my on- and off-road settings. Body lean is greatly reduced.

Back