• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good front tow point?

ricot83: I dont have pics of how it bolts up... but it uses the two bolts for the sway bar brackets. Also, it uses a 1/2" hole towards the front. You have to drill this hole and use the supplied carrige bolt and washer. It is tons easier to remove the front bumper and do this, but its possible to do without removing it.

As far as side pulls, it should hold up good...even better than hooks. WIth a side pull, all the force is on just that one hook/bracket. With a hitch, the force should be spread out more since its all tied together...both sides of the hitch, and both "frame rails". I really dont see it giving way unless you are in a really hairy spot with someone yanking the crap out of your front end.

Justin

funvtec said:
Now would it be wise to get a winch reciever and have a type of quick disconnect mounted behind the grill and hook your winch to it? that would be cool because then you can move your winch front to back wherever its needed (iknow their heavy but it would be nice to have the option to do so)
Yep, you can do that. I’ve seen one in action and it worked fairly well. Just be careful about doing side pulls, it puts a lot of stress on the receiver tube. The only draw back that I’ve seen is when you actually need to use the winch; the front end is usually buried. Not that big of a deal, you just have to dig out some mud before you can hook up the winch. If you decide to keep the winch in the cargo area make sure it’s secured to the floor. You don’t want a 100 lbs of winch bouncing around with you inside the Jeep.

cool it sounds like i may go this route, i want a winch but dont want to fork out 500 bucks for the bumper first, hell i might just leave it in the reciever tube just in case like you said it would likely be buried

thanks for the info

Back