• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good bye Pile, hello Red Rocket.

RlCHARD CRANlUM

NAXJA Forum User
The pile is ready for the scrap heap and the Red Rocket is born.

I don't remember where all that body damage happened...

The last ride. After all that work and five years of abuse, the body was cracking and de-laminating. Doing the cage first should keep the "new" one together for longer I hope.

Almost ready to head for scrap.

The cage construction pics didn't turn out, but here is the finished product.

Then it was time to swap the gear out of the pile.

I wanted the cage to be a little tighter to the B, C and D pillars but it didn't work out.

First trip to Goat Mountain in February.

Still have a few things to do, but I don't think the body will disintegrate like the pile did.

Nice... looking like a winner!

Dang ken, long time no see buddy! I knew you had to be up to something. sad to see the pyle go, but looks like the rocket will be more that capable. looks GREAT man! I hope we get to see you back on the trails with NAXJA again sometime. Tessa and I really enjoyed your company!

:wave:
Bronze.

So is the Red Rocket gonna be at NWF?!?!?!

Here is the build thread for the blue one. It contains the information on the axles as well as the install.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1008820

The short story is I paid $400 for a 1978 F-250 4x4. I used the high pinion Dana 44 front and 30 spline full float Dana 60 rear. I used Ballistic Fab for the front axle brackets along with the Rock Krawler 3 link components. Those two together stretched the front wheel base about 2 inches. Both axles have ARB's and 5.38 gears. I used 1990 F-150 rear leaf springs and relocation brackets to stretch the rear wheel base a couple inches as well.

Back