• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going Wider....??

Senior_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well ive been lookin to buy a built HP d44 and found a nice deal!! The one thing that may be a problem is that its 65.5" wms to wms,, while my rear ford 8.8 is 59.5 wms to wms.

Its a D.D. as well as the weekend warrior,, SO how do u guys think this would work out?? I would have to put adaptors in the rear to move to 5 on 5.5 so that would make the rear a bit closer to the front.

SO, whatcha think,, yes or no??

My XJ info,, 4.88's,, 8.8 rear w/ARB,, front HP d30 w/aussie,, 1 ton steer etc etc. 6.5" of lift and rolling on "brand new" 35 baja claws.
I have NO plans to go any bigger then this so my XJ build is a good 3/4 done.

Oh, and this axle is Loaded, matching gears, locker, etc etc.

id just get spacers/adaptor to get the rear to even up with the front.

or even upgrade the rear axle to such as ford 9" axle! haha

I've been running that setup for quite a while. I love it. The extra width has actually been a plus on nasty off camber trails. I haven't ever run into a trail where the width has been a problem. In most states you will need to run a set of fender flares.

i run a d44 and 9" with 37s and love em but i also had d30 and 8.25 with 35s and loved that too. i dont know about tryin to space out the rear to match the front but its your pig

my 2cents

Back