• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goat Mountain camping 10-10

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
I've had my eye on a spot in the Goat Mountain area for a camp out for a while. Closer to South Fork Mountain actually. It's a nice spot back in some old growth with plenty of room for several tents or rigs and trees to string lots of tarps from. Now that the fire ban is lifted the spot is worth using. Anybody interested?

I have no clue what I'm doing tomorrow, let alone 2 weeks from now!
But if I can swing it, I'd like to go!

What area of goat is it? I know you say s. Fork rd. But i only know the area as colton cutover, towrrs, 5 way, road to memaloose, lake quarry etc. No formal knowledge of road names. Just trying to grab a bearing to see what I know of this area. Just want to check elevation plot to maybe do some foraging too while there.

What area of goat is it? I know you say s. Fork rd. But i only know the area as colton cutover, towrrs, 5 way, road to memaloose, lake quarry etc. No formal knowledge of road names. Just trying to grab a bearing to see what I know of this area. Just want to check elevation plot to maybe do some foraging too while there.

From my understanding after talking to Ryan it's around here

https://goo.gl/maps/KbS9vgyHVnS2

Instead of going as a group, it'll be easier just to give you all directions and let you show up when you want.

The coordinates are 45.08454, -122.23208

To get there, from Estacada, go south on highway 211 to Hillock Burn Road, this is the road to Goat Mountain. Go up Hillock Burn, which turns into the 45 road. When you get to the spot sometimes know as the five way, stay left. This won't climb like the other roads do from this intersection. Continue on the 45 road for several miles, I don't know how many it is. There are several spots where there are roads that come off the 45 that almost look like they could be the road, they arent.

Eventually, on a curve to the left, you'll see the 4550 road on the right. That's your turn. Go up and you'll find camp on the left. I'll mark the turns with survey tape. I think what I've got is pink. If you come to a new green gate blocking the 45 road, you've gone too far.

Bring firewood, I'll bring some and hopefully we can find some more nearby.

If you're only interested in a night run and a campfire, that'll work too. Camp is about an hour from Estacada if you aren't wasting time.

I can't edit so I'll just add what I forgot. In case that spot is occupied, continue past it and follow the survey tape. There's a few backup sites but I don't k ow which I might choose but that's the direction to go.

I can't edit so I'll just add what I forgot. In case that spot is occupied, continue past it and follow the survey tape. There's a few backup sites but I don't k ow which I might choose but that's the direction to go.

This is starting to sound less like a camping trip and more like a serial killers sick fantasy..

Still in!

Back