• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GM S-10 NP233 trouble?

Burley

NAXJA Forum User
I have 1997 s-10 I am having trouble with. The Transmission keeps getting low on fluid but I can find no leaks. When I checked the transfer case fluid level it poured out of the FILL hole like crazy (maybe a quart and a half). It sounds to me like the transmission is losing fluid into the transfer case. I found a write up about a cooling loop in Hummer transfer cases that could cause this but my little A*S-10 doesn't have a cooling loop. How else could fluid pass from the transmission to the transfer case?

Sorry for having a chevy qeustion but you guys are the best and seem to know all! :eye:

Burley

flht1997 said:
bad rear tranny seal

How difficult is this to replace? Do i need a to drop the tranny? It is an automatic by the way.

Pull the transfer case off, should be able to pull it from there and install the new one. If its recessed,( I dont know for sure,I'm a Mopar guy) you may have to disassemble it.

Back