• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Glad I got new snow tires!

Matthew Currie

NAXJA Member #760
I'm visiting my mom in northwestern Connecticut this weekend. Forecast was for a little snow, so we figured to use the Jeep instead of the Focus. I guess it was the right choice. 14 inches or more, and a big branch fell on it too. Running on generator, waiting for the snowplow, but we're heading off this morning to the Indian buffet come hell or high snow!

jeepburied.jpg

It's sunny here,.. 'Supposed to hit about 88deg. Probably spend the day in shorts, working on the truck.

We built a snowman in the morning and it was melted by the afternoon. I wouldn't mind winter so much if it was like that the whole time :)

It's sunny here,.. 'Supposed to hit about 88deg. Probably spend the day in shorts, working on the truck.

I wish I could throw a snowball 2,800 miles.

Anyone have some 205/55/16 blizzaks? Need some snow tires for the Subaru(no its not a granola munching hippie outback)!

I wish I could throw a snowball 2,800 miles.
You know what sucks?..

Even if you could,..
It would melt in the last mile! :D

Yeah, but mine will have a stone in it! :rolleyes:
Whoa there buddy,... :cool:
You hit my Jeep and there's going to be trouble. The only scratches allowed on it are trail scars.

It'd be a real shame if I had to haul my sand-loving carcass up there and throw you in a snow bank.

I live in southern NH and we got about 2"-3" of snow over this way. We got lucky and only lost the power for 5 hours. Some of my neighbors are still getting it back though.

Anyone have some 205/55/16 blizzaks? Need some snow tires for the Subaru(no its not a granola munching hippie outback)!

I have some that are worn out. :D

Got to get the new set ordered and soon. I have Continental's on my WRX in the winter. Much better dry traction and I don't like to slow down in the winter.

I got back to Vermont this afternoon and the ground was bare. I'm sure it won't last but I'm happy to be out of it and back where there's electricity. Connecticut is a mess.
That's for sure. Some of my friends still haven't gotten power back down there. I got lucky and got it back 24 hours after it went out... and I'm 1 exit north of CT on 84. The other half of town only got power back a few days later.

Back