• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ghetto XJ OEM fixes!!!!

Used threaded spigot part from a old bathroom faucet to help hold the headlight switch in place after the plastic that should hold it broke. Think plastic got brittle from the switch overheating.
Seen a write up on cutting a JY dash and cutting and bolting the replacement in.
This works so far. Not that there are Many pre 96-97 XJ in the JY around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOOOOOOO! You just think you want an attached garage. People will get into an attached garage and then think they're entitled to move things around, touch things and even store things in there. It's just not worth it man, NOT worth it at all!

:nono:

:roflmao:Better than a Detroit Special (A.K.A. A DETACHED garage!) Especially if the house it's attached to has heat and A/C! A house with a shop big enough to pull a car into would be ideal, but I'd imagine that'd cost more money and what's the point of having a shop but no money for Jeep parts? :D

Right. I have a small shop, not big enough to pull a vehicle into. So my work space is asphalt and gravel outside the shop. Not covered. It fits all my tools, welder(s), storage, camping gear etc. The attached garage is where my wife puts her car, all her "things". she's banned from the shop, I'm banned from the garage.

My garage has a narrow path down the middle and is full of tools and all those useful someday things you just can't bring yourself to toss. As soon as you do toss something, you have to go buy a new one two weeks later.

At least you have a fairly nice climate, working on a gravel driveway, in a foot of snow, in minus freeze your gonads off cold, is really no fun at all.

I don't have a Photobucket account itherwise I'd post pics... The rubber window surround for my windshield decided to start peeling away from the top of the windshield. At 80 mph is sounds like you're riding in a helicopter. Unfortunately this happened about 80 miles into a 430 mile trip so I was stuck with it for a while. However, I am an aircraft mechanic by trade and used some redneckery to "fix" it. I used some 2 part aircraft epoxy and painters tape to hold it down. I'll let you know how it goes on my drive home tomorrow.

Back