• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GGGGGRRRRRRR!!!!!

exoedxj

NAXJA Forum User
So here is the list of breakage/repairs that I have done on my "NEW" XJ since I have bought it.

Side Note: I haven't had a chance to break it....... :flamemad:

1) Driver Side Front Axel - When high steer arm was welded to the knuckle it wasn't square. This not only stripped all the bolt but it forced the repairee to beat the Plastic Kingpin bushing into place, thus Breaking it. So the knuckle is at a machine shop getting repaired now.
Total Cost - Case of Bud Light for machine work - 100$ for the Kingpin rebuild kits - 10hrs of labor on my end.

2) Front Axel - Inner Stub Shafts hitting Warn Hub Dials - Had to grind off over .195 of an inch off each side.
Total Cost - 15$ for Grinding wheels - 4hrs of my time.

3) All Suspension HEIMS - You could rock the jeep left and right "LEVEL" not suspension over 1". All Budget Heims were warn and shot. Also the triangulation was loose.
Total Cost - 350$ for all new Chromo Heims and Washers - 16hrs of my time, don't ask tons of grinding/swedging/prying/etc/etc.

4) Over heating Tranny and Engine - New Hood louvers will help the heat in the engine department. Tranny cooler wasn't fastened into place and fins were all bent over.
Total Cost - 100$ for new Ford Racing heat exchanger - 100$ for louvers - 10hrs of my time.

5) Rear 14 Bolt Pinion issues - the pinion is trying to come out of the case. Bearing is damaged - found out that the Mini Spool had been exploded on another trail.
Total cost - STILL OUT - not sure yet - need to work on it some more - 1hr so far.

6) Wiring - have removed tons of un-needed wires from everywhere in the jeep - tons of splice type wires crimps everywhere - need to take more time to re-wire the whole thing.
Total Cost - Free so Far

7) Clean up - about 8hrs so far and 10lbs of garbage removed (this includes some of the wiring/carpet/etc).

I am sure I will find more - this is just so far.

Sorry needed to rant - THIS IS WHY I WORK ON MY OWN CRAP. I still feel good that I have a nice rig and I knew that it would take some work from me - just didn't think this much.

I will soon be :cheers: once this is all done.

:eeks1:

OK, I'll STFU about being on my third TRE at the pittman arm.

I'll give ya $30 for it...If you hadn't stripped all the copper already I'd offer more. LOL

LOL - "stripped all the copper" :roflmao:

Well Exoed, welcome to the wonderful world of modded XJ's..... We all feel your pain. Although, I get the impression this isn't your first highly modified vehicle - you seem to know your way around the mods.

Hopefully you'll de-bug it and start enjoying it. My newly acquired Truggy and I are going to have to spend some quality time together very soon before I hit the trails again as well.

Luckily I am a little mechanically enclined (sp?).

Found that the T-Case was empty - don't know how long it was empty. Checked Chain tension through fill hole - spun and listened for bad noise. Going to just fill her and run it - hope that she blows up - then on to the ATLAS.

Yep - I hope to have her back together by the end of next week and be wheeling and working out more bugs.

Back