• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GENRAL WORTH?

YJ-GENRAL

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, few things I want to ask of you.

1) What do you think my junk is worth? Parting out or complete.
2) Please don't hate on me too much.

And before I hear all the gasping and coughing and scoffing I will answer your immediate questions:

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?"
-"No where in particular, mostly job and home....that's it."

"WHY?"
short answer - "Cuz" ;)
medium answer - "time and money" (to play, keep up, or modify)
long answer - "Because I haven't driven it except to park it in my back yard for nearly 3 years. I don't have the time to work on it, because of various reasons. I don't have the time to take it out and play with it, pardon the pun. I don't have the money to fix/keep fixing it. I don't have the money to take it out and play with it, short trips, weekend trips, etc."

"OKAY, Well what does it have on it? I can't remember because it's been so long since you brought it to an event."

1989 Jeep Wrangler
-Rock Solid Offroad has done a lot on this jeep
-v8 305 with TPI injection with custom exhaust
-700r4 auto transmission (recently installed, previously rebuilt)
-36 TSL with weld on RSOF custom beadlocks
-spring over axle with rouch country 4" springs
-front and rear tom woods driveshafts
-front shackle reversal
-d44 from a bronco front with 4.88 gears and aussie locker and warn locking hubs
-8.8 rear from explorer rear with 4.88 welded diff
-milemarker 8000 winch
-side rock guards/steps
-gutted interior, roll on bed liner
-custom wooden "military style" tool box
-extra gas can
-rock lights up front flush taillights in rear
-me built rear bumper (not sure if i would tow a trailer with it but good for a -tug out of a bad situation)
-soft top and half doors
-custom WWII genre paint scheme with authentic era markings
-CB radio
-rollcage
-4 point harness

there are (as with any jeep) a few things that need tending to and a few parts i haven't yet installed, nothing a little time and effort and money can't fix.

-cj tailgate ready to install
-new tach needs to be installed (current was for the straight six so it doesn't read right)
-needs an adjustable throttle cable (about $30 part) current works but ziptied into place... i want to fix it.
-needs front passenger axle shaft (current is installed but egg shaped at Ujoint, just havent replaced it yet)
-winch needs a new solenoid, just havent ordered the part yet
-cb antena was ripped off on last trip need a new one plus cable

there are a lot of stuff done right on this jeep and some that was done on a budget.

Need to host them on a photo site. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but people in our line of hobby are cheap. JMHO. I would try and think of it this way. What is it worth to you. In my case my xj to me is worth about $10K. Would I ever get that for it? No. There are some decent rigs on the market for around that and less. Personally I would start out around $8K asking. JMHO. You can always go down.

I'll echo what ghost said.....the only way you go in negotiation is down, start with what its worth to you and give lots of room......plus you might get lucky and some goober has money and hates haggling.

I understand negotiations and usually nothing ever sold used like this goes for asking price. I am just trying to gauge on a starting point. You guys are my first go to about this because I know you will be honest with me.

So far I have heard 7.5k and 8k as starting points and go down from there. I have 9-10k in it, but I know I'll never get that back, part of the fun of building :)

I offered one guy 6k that seemed interested but he never came to look at it, apparently saving up and not in a hurry...

Well, hate to see it go... But I can understand your situation.
I will point people your way that might be interested...

I understand negotiations and usually nothing ever sold used like this goes for asking price. I am just trying to gauge on a starting point. You guys are my first go to about this because I know you will be honest with me.

So far I have heard 7.5k and 8k as starting points and go down from there. I have 9-10k in it, but I know I'll never get that back, part of the fun of building :)

I offered one guy 6k that seemed interested but he never came to look at it, apparently saving up and not in a hurry...

ask 8... if it were mine id ask 8

Haha that would cut out the middle man if I'm only robbing somebody to buy your jeep, lol.
Neither is gonna happen, just stating that your jeep is something I'd love to have. ;)

Back