• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas prices in your area???

Nebbenraw said:
Stop complaining, come over the pond to the wonderful United Kingdom, England and pay approx. 6.53 USD a gallon, :flamemad: and rising :bawl:

Wow.... is England that much more then the rest of Europe? On the other hand over there you don't drive nowhere near as much (distance wise) as we do.

Nebbenraw said:
Stop complaining, come over the pond to the wonderful United Kingdom, England and pay approx. 6.53 USD a gallon, :flamemad: and rising :bawl:

How much of that is tax both publicized and 'hidden', here oil is taxed at least twice, once on the barrel when it comes in, second time when it's processed to gas and a third time when it hits the pumps... The local sunoco stations here in Pennsylvania used to have their whole product line posted from barrel to ground with the taxes added thru each step of the way. One nite it seems they were all taken down, govt didin't like having that amount of knowledge posted for everyone to see. Last time I remember taxes accounted for 50% of the final cost and that was around 88 or so...

I feel fortunate, its still $1.91 for regular here in Atlanta at my neighborhood BP. BP is a higher end gas station too, I could probably find it cheaper if I looked around. It still hurts though, I've been driving my XJ a lot easier and I'm getting an extra 50 miles out of a tank of gas,and thats with the a/c blasting in the 90 degree heat. :cheers:

Lucky You in NA, still have gas 2 times cheaper than in Europe. In Poland we save on petrol by using propane which costs 40 cents per litre. Conversion cost is from $ 500 and you can run on gas or propane.

RichP said:
How much of that is tax both publicized and 'hidden', here oil is taxed at least twice, once on the barrel when it comes in, second time when it's processed to gas and a third time when it hits the pumps... The local sunoco stations here in Pennsylvania used to have their whole product line posted from barrel to ground with the taxes added thru each step of the way. One nite it seems they were all taken down, govt didin't like having that amount of knowledge posted for everyone to see. Last time I remember taxes accounted for 50% of the final cost and that was around 88 or so...
In Norway, where they have own oil the petrol is the most expensive in Europe.
All stations post taxes, which account for 80% of the final cost.

belfer said:
Lucky You in NA, still have gas 2 times cheaper than in Europe. In Poland we save on petrol by using propane which costs 40 cents per litre. Conversion cost is from $ 500 and you can run on gas or propane.

Now that's interesting. I've never ran a propane powered vehicle before. Do you lose any power when running propane or MPG???

1.97 for the "cheap"stuff here and 2.17 for the "expensive" stuff....ha ha it's all expensive.... I'll be glad when prices go down

Gas in my town this morning was 1.959.
Gassed up 20 miles away and it was 1.819.
Drove another 25 miles to the city and it was at 1.759.
Damn, and I could have made it another 25 miles.
Sometimes you never know.

Today the price went DOWN 4 cents, $1.85 per gal.
Hope the trend continues,
Wayne

Yea for the middle grade in GA its like 1.95 and my Rig eats gas like no other cause i need to re gear the d@mn thing....One thing leads to another so it seems.

couldnt tell ya what its costing us out here......nothing at the pump though, thats for sure:) i hate to see what germany AAFES prices are like, its prolly gonna eat us alive....dont think i'm gonna drive the cherokee around a whole lot....i think i'm gonna buy a bicycle....always need the exorcise anyhow, plus it'll be summer.

Kris

maybe it's time to write your city and state legislators to start getting more ethanol into the pumps!

competition drives down prices, ethanol means American jobs, and it's a whole lot nicer to the environment than gasoline is.

lots of brand new american-made vehicles are already made to run on E85 (avalanche, ranger, crown vic, etc) and nearly any existing gasoline vehicle can be modified to run on ethanol or gas in any combination.

or you could just call me a lunatic and keep paying out the arse for gas, lotta good that does. :guitar: :cheers:

Wayne Sihler said:
Today the price went DOWN 4 cents, $1.85 per gal.
Hope the trend continues,
Wayne

YOU GUYS SUCK !!!! From Bellingham, WA ( aka the canadian border ) to Eugene Or. Its about $2.25.

If this war WAS for oil, where the HELL IS IT GEORGE ????!!!!

Allentown Pa area sheetz is down to 189. for regular 203 for mid grade. Wife payed 185 near reading somewhere on sat..

Back