• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas mileage

And how many have adjusted their speedo gear for their gear/tire combo? :)

Around 240. 33X12.5 with 4:56 gears. Speedo adjusted.

I got 405 ONCE on the way back to Pa from Cape cod, it took 19.7 gallons. That was with wife and my two kids, packed to the gills from vacation including 4 duffle bags on the roof. In all honesty I was really sweating it the last 10 or so miles. My 98 was 10 months old, I never tried to go that far again and the only reason I did was I had a 2.5 gallon jug of gas in the back and that was before I knew the gas cooled the fuel pump and that it is a very bad thing to run it dry.

JNickel101 said:
And how many have adjusted their speedo gear for their gear/tire combo? :)

Actually my 98 with it's 215's was off from the factory, when I went to 235's it was dead on after that, checked with the odometer, those radar trailers they stick out in speed areas and by a state trooper friend of mine.

1990 stock AW4 4.0l pretty much stock except I removed the intake silencer/venturi for supposed MPG gains (gojeep.com).
235 r15 AT's @ 32psi.

Cruising the highway I can pull around 350 miles out of a tank using the "power" setting. As long as I keep it under 65mph and don't dump too much throttle into it I can get those numbers consistently. With mixed city/light offroad/highway driving I usually drop down to around 250-275 miles per tank, alot less if more of that mixed driving is offroad.

Decent numbers for what it is, a rolling brick.

Back