• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FYI dorman 929-301 leaf springs are NOT heavy duty they are standard duty

shelby5041

NAXJA Forum User
seems everyone in these forums thinks the dorman 929-301 springs are heavy duty and giving people false information

i contacted dorman directly and i have the facts....the springs are standard duty and only 550lb load rating and only 5 1/2 inch arc

reference email sent to me from dorman today so please people stop giving false data....its not right......thank you

[FONT=&quot]Sir,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I forwarded this request to the product manager this morning as there are no drawings of this spring in our file to get you an end to end measure as this is a copy of on OEM sample. I have found a listing for the Spring Rate stating 250KG which is 550LB. I will forward you more information when it becomes available.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nicholas Paris[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Asst. Product Manager/Tech-Line[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dorman Products[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]215-712-5012-Desk[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]215-712-5512-Fax[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Toll Free 1-800-868-5777 EXT-5012[/FONT]

Telling people they are idiots is against naxja rules, and is hard on new users.
Sorry you had a problem, I wouldnt recommend a dorman door stop...

well i posed a simple question... dorman 929-301 or crown 4886186AA

those are in my price range ....and everyone told me dormans were heavy duty over 700 lb rating and way better than crowns so i was ready to buy dormans but when dorman contracted me and confirmed their spring is only standard duty i cancelled my order

so this thread is informational only as thats the purpose of a forum to state facts....and i hope someone else doesnt get suckered into buying something that isnt right for them

thank you

here is a quote from this website from a user he said dormans are heavy duty and provided false specs.he states 745 lb and they are only 550lb ...see below

cal
user_offline.gif

NAXJA Warranty Voider

Re: Replacement leaf springs for towing
Dormon 929-301.

Available here for $85, have to see what freight is:

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/jeep-c...aves-1984-2001

Here it is 101 shipped with Amazon Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-929-301.../dp/B005VPS358

The Dorman are not listed as "HD", but they are rated at 745 pounds, vs 750 for Crown's "HD".

Dorman makes better products than crown, but at the end of the day, they are probably all the same spring from the same plant in India.

Ill post my reply from another forum where you posted the exact same thing. Have you contacted them about the info provided on their website yet, specifically where it states "heavy duty"?

Back