• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

future jeep

I would like to see something along the lines of another XJ not identical but similar look solid axles, V8 option, Rubicon option, removable doors, basically an XJ version of the JK 4 door. Now that would not be cost effective for them so that will never happen but the idea of a Jeep truck would be great! They have most of the parts ready to go just take a Dodge 2500 platform and drop a Jeep styled body on it and your done! Even get a cummins option in there! Or take the Dakota platform put a solid front axle underneath and add a Jeep body to it. Or like with that new four door "Brute" photo flying around the net just use the JK platform and build a frame for a truck bed and make a bed for it and a body tub separate from the bed.

Just wondering, is there a reason for this question, especially from a new guy?

Less gadgets - they add weight, complexity, and cost, then all they do is break and leave you stranded. That includes things like eletronically disconnectable sway bars, basically electronic control on anything. When offroading, especially in the wetter climates, if it's electronic, it WILL break. That also means make the engine computers capable of functioning effectively with an absolute minimum of input.

Less plastic - slim down the dashboards, trim, door panels, make things simpler again. And those gigantic one piece fender and flair on the JK are just hideous. Bring back the two piece, flat topped metal fender with a small plastic flair like is on the CJ5 through the TJ.

Diesel option - The JK already has a V8 option, and not a bad one either. I'd say bring back the 4.0, but with modern emissions and efficiency standards it's not possible.

True locking hubs. Unit bearings wear out fast, are expensive to replace, and put a lot more wear and tear on the front axle, driveshaft, and t-case. All around just a bad idea, they only exist because it saves 10 minutes and $10 on the assembly line.

The JK already has a V8 option, and not a bad one either.

The JK does NOT have a V8 option in the United States or in any country as far as I am aware. Maybe you meant V6 which is now the new Pentastar V6 and is actually a pretty good engine but I double checked on Jeep's official website and there is no V8 option when selecting a powertrain. There are JKs that have had Hemis retrofitted in but those are conversions done by private companies, private individuals, or at specific dealerships, but there is no JK that comes off the assembly line at the factory with a V8 in it.

Last edited:
The JK does NOT have a V8 option in the United States or in any country as far as I am aware. Maybe you meant V6 which is now the new Pentastar V6 and is actually a pretty good engine but I double checked on Jeep's official website and there is no V8 option when selecting a powertrain. There are JKs that have had Hemis retrofitted in but those are conversions done by private companies, private individuals, or at specific dealerships, but there is no JK that comes off the assembly line at the factory with a V8 in it.
They offer CRD's in the rest of the world too.. would be nice.

That includes things like eletronically disconnectable sway bars, basically electronic control on anything. When offroading, especially in the wetter climates, if it's electronic, it WILL break. That also means make the engine computers capable of functioning effectively with an absolute minimum of input.

This will NEVER happen and it isn't Jeeps fault. It's the government. They are the ones who mandate all the stupid "save me from myself" stuff. I guess you could also blame the sue happy lawyers who cause the government to mandate all the "save me from myself" stuff too.

Back