• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Traction or BDS Long arms Avail. as Upgrade?? Any other 4 Links?

I'd still say the BDS 4 link is best option for all the right reasons. That Staangs kit looks like an awful lot like a Clayton kit with a red paint job on it, what's up with that?

I was back and forth between the BDS and Full Traction setup because I wanted a full 4 link setup. Then I found that Poly Performance was selling a 3 and 4 link kit. Since my upper control arm bushings were crapping the bed, I decided I didn't want to deal with them anymore. Bought the Poly 3 link and haven't looked back since. Runs great on the road and works amazing offroad. Has the bent arms like the TNT radius arm kit, so its got better clearance than the other longarm kits on the market. No regrets at all. I had a TNT belly pan that I had to mod slightly to get it all to fit. But this way, the TNT pan is removable without having to drop the suspension arms as well. Best of both worlds.

^^^ Awesome! I appreciate it man! any pics on your rig?

I dont have it on my rig yet, but I know a couple people who have it and from everything I've seen and heard from them personally its ridiculously bad ass.

If you ask Eric I'm sure he can send you pictures of customer rigs who have it. I know hes sold quite a few of them.

www.staangsfab.com last I check it was 850$. They change their prices based on steel prices to give you best possible deal.

If you call Eric at Staangs and tell him that budget right there I have no doubt he'll get you what you need within your budget.

Heres his number. 905-466-5578

Staangs in my opinion is far better quality than the others, plus its lifetime no BS warranty. Joints they use are way overkill too, which is nice to know.
The extra $100 you would spend on no radius arm setup would be way better!!
BDS, Clayton, RK and Full traction are better options

The extra $100 you would spend on no radius arm setup would be way better!!
BDS, Clayton, RK and Full traction are better options

Let me know how that works out when you're getting massive bump steer with a straight 4 link setup. Staang has a 4 link setup but he recommends the radius arms to everyone who isnt on hydro steering because of that bump steer. And having driven a 4 link without a track bar and an OTK steering setup instead of hydro I would be inclined to agree. Was pretty scary hitting a pot hole at 50.

Again its personal choice but thats where my money is going when I upgrade. 6.5" SF lift.

im confused with your arguement... all these setups (radius, 3 link, 4 link) require a track bar in the front of our XJs. its not triangulated. running anything without one would be asking for it.

i feel like your just plugging a product.

Last edited:
Let me know how that works out when you're getting massive bump steer with a straight 4 link setup. Staang has a 4 link setup but he recommends the radius arms to everyone who isnt on hydro steering because of that bump steer. And having driven a 4 link without a track bar and an OTK steering setup instead of hydro I would be inclined to agree. Was pretty scary hitting a pot hole at 50.

Again its personal choice but thats where my money is going when I upgrade. 6.5" SF lift.
Hahahaha take some time and learn about suspension geometery before you make these statements. There's nothing wrong with radius arms, but there is better setups available for the XJ now.

If you actully did some research on these other lifts, you would see that ALL of them have a trackbar/panhard.

Thanks for your input, but stops spaming Staangs fab copy of Claytons old radius arm setup.

Hahahaha take some time and learn about suspension geometery before you make these statements. There's nothing wrong with radius arms, but there is better setups available for the XJ now.

If you actully did some research on these other lifts, you would see that ALL of them have a trackbar/panhard.

Thanks for your input, but stops spaming Staangs fab copy of Claytons old radius arm setup.
X2+2 more. :)

I dont know ANY manufacturer that makes a triangulated 4 link for the front of a non buggy vehicle.... If you were running a TRIANGULATED 4 link up front you are correct. No track bar and you better be running full hydro steering.

All the kits that have been mentioned, (including kits supplying radius arms) Will be a somewhat strait link setup (given clearance and mount locations available) AND a trackbar is required.

I dont know ANY manufacturer that makes a triangulated 4 link for the front of a non buggy vehicle.... If you were running a TRIANGULATED 4 link up front you are correct. No track bar and you better be running full hydro steering.

All the kits that have been mentioned, (including kits supplying radius arms) Will be a somewhat strait link setup (given clearance and mount locations available) AND a trackbar is required.

Your the man I've been waiting to see chime in, In your opinion, since im sure you have driven both your 3 and 4 link setups.... which one drives the best on the HIGHway and aroud town?.. Offroad im sure both are great!

THanks

oh yes, and let us not forget, I need one thats going to work with the channeling on Mark's (detoursUSA) rails/stiffeners!

Back