• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full size spare?

yes it will fit up to a 30.9.5 AT style tire. I used to have a very worn down 30x9.5 BFG MT back there so a reg. AT will fit. Juice

Yes, I've gotten a LT235/75R15 BFG AT/KO to fit in there on my 98... it looks like a 30x9.50 will fit also...

Yes, even a 31/10.50/15 will fit although it is tight.

i14.jpg

i15.jpg

John :farmer:

For the 30s and 31s, you'll have to fiddle around with the positioning of the tire, but they'll fit. I even have a 32 in back of mine, but it lays flat...

e7.jpg

hatch closes and the rear seat latches, but the tire is aired down to about 20psi. If I didn't have an overhead soundbar, there would be more room for the tire to go up a little higher. Right now it kisses the rear seat and the hatch but nothing to prevent them from closing and locking.

John :farmer:

I am slightly embarassed but "fullsize" for me is only a 225/75...
But that, mini-spare is really a joke so I am going to get a real tire... :)

Thanks for the info!

Didnt want to start a new thread but i was searching and couldnt find an actual size when people say full size....If i put a 3" lift on my 00xj w/ 31x10.50, do i have to have a full size spare that is actually 31x10.50...or can i keep the stock tire size "full size" spare?

I would have something close to a 31 (it could be a small 31 or a large 30) becauseyou don't want to be rolling out of the woods with one small tire.

John

Plus if you have a traction device in the rear or front you need a same size tire, TD's don't like unmatched tire sizes...

JeepXJ93 said:
Didnt want to start a new thread but i was searching and couldnt find an actual size when people say full size....If i put a 3" lift on my 00xj w/ 31x10.50, do i have to have a full size spare that is actually 31x10.50...or can i keep the stock tire size "full size" spare?
A full-size spare in general means a "real" tire and wheel rather than one of those tiny "donut" spares. The spare tire should be the same size as your other four tires. If it isn't, when you run with the spare the steering will pull to one side. The bigger the size difference, the more it will pull.

If you have a Trac-Lok, running mismatched tires on the rear axle will wear out the clutches in the differential. If you have a locker, do not drive with mismatched tires on the locked axle.

Back