• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Injector Problem?

I've never heard of an HO with an EGR valve, but of course there could be some weird version we've never seen. But unless it's a non-american one, or swapped in, I'd be very surprised. On the Renix, the EGR valve is mounted more or less between the intake and exhaust manifolds. I haven't looked at one for a while, but it's mounted on the intake, with a tube coming up from the exhaust manifold. It is vacuum powered, so there will be vacuum lines to it. There are two varieties, one entirely self-contained, and one with a second vacuum device next to it. the vacuum lines go to an odd-looking little solenoid on the driver's side firewall, fairly far forward, which controls both the EGR and the fuel tank purge.

On the original question, I would suspect, especially if the problem is intermittent, that there is an electrical fault either in a wiring harness, a plug, or one of the injectors.

Ok, well i have the HO version in my 92. I noticed some of the wiring boots are kind split in a couple places to expose some of the wires. I just dont understand why its doing what its doing. Especially when i drive it and its fine, and then it starts idling rough, the check engine light comes on, then if i shut it down, and restart, the problem goes away, it just doesnt make sense to me.:lecture:

Had the engine tested whenever the light came on and Injector 5 Control Circuit printed out as the culprit. Talked some people and it can either be a bad injecto or a bad ecu. Just wanted to mention that for furture reference.

Back