• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FUEL GAUGE LIGHT TURNS ON EARLY?

From page 67 pof my 1994 owners manual:

Low fuel warning light-
glows when approximately 2 gallons / 7.6 L remain in the tank.

Mine comes on at about 1/4 tank, too.

I think my light may be functioning when it should, but my gauge sender fubars and goes extra low when I get to about 1/4 tank....it goes way down quickly after that. So in turn it makes the light come on sooner, just because its looking at where the gauge is sitting.

EBXJBOB said:
Yes thats quite normal from what i've experienced with my 94 and 96

I use the trip odo every time I fill up to check mileage and the light would come on between 200-225 miles and I could drive to about the 290-300 mile mark around town and around 320-325 straight highway

the trip computer in my 97 tells me I have something like 340 miles to empty when I fill it...not sure how accurate that is, havn't tested it yet because I just got it recently

I've managed to get 20 gallons in my tank stopping on the first click twice now....not that i'm making a habit out of it, but i did mainly highway travel on those tanks and got to about 320 miles on the trip odometer before i almost ran out.

I never stop on the first click though....I can get on average another gallon in the tank after the first click.

My light comes on at 1/8th of a tank, or a little bit above. My mileage has been pretty shitty so far on this tank hehe sitting at like 330km (206miles) and I have 1/4 tank left.
20 gallon tank ALL STOCK

I ended up buying fuel from a sketchy gas station and I think that might have contributed to my poor mileage. I usually go for Shell here in Igloo land, the temperature fluctuation seems to have a significant effect on my mileage as well...

Funny, our 2000 sport would come on and if you did not fill up in the next 10-15 miles you were pushing. Our 1999 Sport we have now is similar comes on early and I am too scared to run it to empty.

Back