• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ftw or fml build thread

no is there special tools needed?

peace
ted

Do a search as I'm not sure on RENIX but for my 94 I needed a big Torx head, like a T70, but you couldn't get that and a rachet in there, so I had to fab a tool to make it work.

Housing to block

OHKAY people so today was an epic journy of fun times.

first started by doing a brake fluid exchange, and bleeding them. lubed the backing plates for the rear drums, and clean and adjusted them (holy chit i have a ebrake again) then went to the dealer to match up my oil filter adapter o-rings, no go, went to ace hardware. win got them, wet home put it on.. omfg still leaking.. it ended up being the oil presure sending unit. Got one from kragen for 27 bucks with a life time warrentee, just finished puting it all back together and what not. no leaks baby wo0t.. going to drive it to school tomorrow, and the auto shop kids are going to mount and balence my new rimszors. Now its time for a big new castle and some pizza.

night al

holy shcnikes....you did brakes??? :D
OHKAY people so today was an epic journy of fun times.

first started by doing a brake fluid exchange, and bleeding them. lubed the backing plates for the rear drums, and clean and adjusted them (holy chit i have a ebrake again) then went to the dealer to match up my oil filter adapter o-rings, no go, went to ace hardware. win got them, wet home put it on.. omfg still leaking.. it ended up being the oil presure sending unit. Got one from kragen for 27 bucks with a life time warrentee, just finished puting it all back together and what not. no leaks baby wo0t.. going to drive it to school tomorrow, and the auto shop kids are going to mount and balence my new rimszors. Now its time for a big new castle and some pizza.

night al

You were able to get the o-rings at ace hardware?

Congrads on the Jeep.

I am right down the street in Fullerton and I have a 90 too. If you still need to check anything or just need an extra pair of hands, let me know.

sigh..

right on al thanks for the offer, I think the olny thing left to do now is get the axle from johns dad john put it in, and lift it, because with the new rims it rubs alot on the back. Possibly the leafs are weak or the shocks are bad. Not sure.

hey al is ur xj stock?

peace
ted

Mine is mostly stock, except It has about a 2 1/2"lift, 31's, and I swapped in a 8.25 rear from a 2000 XJ.

4.0, AW4, 242, D30, Laredo but has most of the Limited options. I had to trim the flares front & rear when I added the 31's. They still rub a little.

Back