• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: XJ Wagoneer 1988

nofro

NAXJA Forum User
I am selling my 1988 XJ Wagoneer. It has 125k miles on it, 4 door, automatic, 4x4 works great, and has been running fine as a commuter since Ive owned it. It's got a d35 rear and np242 transfercase. I just replaced the water pump and replaced a couple brake lines. It is brown with funny looking twin headlights and wood grain side panels, but the paint is really faded, especially on the hood. The front power windows work great, the rear only roll about 1/4 down under their own power. Power locks are a bit intermittant, so I generally just dont use them anyway. It has a kenwood headunit, fairly cheap, but it works great. The rear axle is making a noise, sounds like a bearing is about to go and would need to be replaced. The interior is all in there, but the driver seat is torn at a couple seams, the driver's sunshade is held together with duct tape, and the headliner is stapled up to the ceiling. Glass is all good. One new tire, three are used but still have some life left (one has a 1 in long gash in the sidewall, so probably should be replaced, but ive been driving it like that for a while with no problems). Can be tagged historic(at least in MD) but shouldt have much trouble getting through inspection. It still gets close to 20mpg on the highway, and has been about as reliable as it could be. Still has plenty of life, either for the road or dirt, but could use a little freshening either way.

The car is currently in Annapolis, MD. The registration expires at the end of the month, and I would like to sell it before then, otherwise it will be in centreville, md.

I would like to get $1500 for it, but am open to offers. Email at [email protected] is preferred, but Ill check on here for pms from time to time as well.

IMG_1558.jpg
IMG_1559.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1561.jpg
IMG_1562.jpg
IMG_1564.jpg
IMG_1565.jpg
IMG_1566.jpg
IMG_1557.jpg

thats my dream jeep, too bad i have no money and live 6 hours away. otherwise it would be a sale

Yea, some people are all about these wagoneers, I just need to find one with some cash :)

And yea, its a d35 unfortunately... I think it has the 3.55 gears as well (definitely not the 4.10)

does it have some little overhead console gizmo right infront of the rear view mirror cause my 88 xj wagoneer has one and i dont know what it is (i just see a circuit board poking out of it and it looks like its missing the piece that would show me what it is)

does it have some little overhead console gizmo right infront of the rear view mirror cause my 88 xj wagoneer has one and i dont know what it is (i just see a circuit board poking out of it and it looks like its missing the piece that would show me what it is)

That's the receiver for the power door locks.

does it have ABS brakes??

FYI: XJ ABS started in 1989.

Back