• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: NP 242 out of a 99XJ

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
Swapped a 231 into my Jeep since the 242 wasn't liking my front locker very much. Pulled the front drive shaft immediately after I realized that's what the problem was to prevent any damage to the case. In addition, I don't DD the Jeep so it spends most of it's time sitting still. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the case what so ever and has been in my Jeep it's entire life. It has 162K on it right now. It's also set up for a RE Hack n Tap SYE and comes with the RE flange. All you'll need to get is the Spicer #211229x yoke to mate any front driveshaft from an automatic XJ to the RE flange, and it can be found at your local drive shaft shop or perhaps through NAPA.

I'd like to get $100 for it, but i'm open to offers. Will not be shipping it, but I can meet within a reasonable distance if the offer is good. Can provide pictures by request. If you're looking to go from a 231 to a 242, i'll even throw in the shift gate that you need for the handle and if you have a late model, i'll throw in the bezel too.

Bringing this back to the top to see if there's any interest. Really would like this thing out of the garage!

Shipping's not going to be cheap. It's not light weight ($$$) and I don't really have anything sturdy enough to ship it in as well.

If you were in the southern part of VA we could meet up somewhere...

Back