• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: Big Red "The legend ;-) " 8" lift,37's,4:1,f/w:d44/9"

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
Text for pics (815) 222-9409 Troy :yelclap: $5,799 OBO

For sale is a go anywhere Jeep Cherokee built to point and go. Spare no expense. 8" lift, 37" Goodyear MTR mud tires on beadlock rims, 241 Rubicon Rock Trac t-case with 4:1 gear SYE.
Stock 4.0L motor/Auto AW4 trans with 200K miles runs good.
Full width Ford F-250 axles: Front dana 44 with 5.38 gears, Yukon alloy shafts, bomb proof OX-Trac u-joints, full case Detroit locker, super strong diff cover with hydro assist, Warn premium lock out hubs.
Rear Ford 9" axle with 35 spline Yukon alloy shafts, 5.43 gears, Strange Racing 3rd member, aftermarket driveshaft/yoke skid plate/guard, full case Detroit locker
Stock double cardan driveshafts f/r from a stock Jeep Cherokee front so they are easy to replace if they break and they serve as a drivetrain fuse.
New Jeep Rubicon Rock Trac t-case with 4:1 gears and SYE.
Rubicon Express adjustable upper and lower control arms, 8" front Skyjacker coil springs. 5.5" RE rear leaf springs with 2" blocks, and 1.5" RE shackles.
Aftermarket front/rear bumpers rear with swingout tire carrier which can hold a spare 37" tire. Front is a winch bumper with nice hoop protection.
This Jeep will go up and over just about anything, if it needs help a Warn 8000i winch is on tap.
Call Troy for more info and to see Jeep (815) 222-9409 Asking $5,799 OBO

I'll see what I can find but it's a very dirty Jeep and loves the rough stuff! :rolleyes:

The avatar pic is a rare clean pic of this bad boy!

I'd consider a trade for a slightly built or even very clean stocker 97'+ XJ, 96'-98' ZJ, or 97'-06' TJ..heck even a WJ 2nd gen Grand Cherokee I guess eventhough I'm not big on it like the XJ/ZJ. ;-)
Or a combo of stocker and cash. :gee:

I'm throwing the idea of taking the axles and t-case out of Big Red and putting into 1 of my 98' 5.9L ZJs or buying a 4.0L TJ to put it into.
Then selling a lesser "Big Red" with maybe a 3" lift and 33s and stock axles.

Big Red sits around and doesn't get out here in the flat lands of the Midwest by me at least with work and school (MBA).

This is a very built XJ that needs to be used offroad or I will consider parting it out (and/or) building another rig with the goodies.

Edit from above: Big Red has SJ 8" leafs and coils, no blocks in the back. It has RE adj control arms and RE drop brackets & flexes very good even without a Long Arm kit. (see link to craigslist for Badlands pics)

Troy

Last edited:
$5,599

$5,299

Big Red is being parted out soon but I'll sell it whole for a little longer.

$5,000 FIRM

Rust Free from Arizona never seen salt

Big Red is being parted out soon but I'll sell it whole for a little longer.

Yes it steet legal and registed in Illinois.

Is from Arizona originally and I wheeled it in California on the Rubicon and Fordyce trails and it does these with ease.

I've got a clean 99 XJ with a 2" bb, 30" good year's, canyon wheels from a 01 TJ, Very clean interior, great dd, has cracked windshield. talk to me.

dan

Thanks Dan but sounds just like my 98' 2 dr 5spd 2" bb on 30" BFG ATs and crappy stock rims that I just traded for a 2000 TJ on 60s.
I need the $ bro.
I will part out Big Red if I don't sell it soon.
Prob get more for it then and more people can use the donor organs! :confused1

$4500 FIRM for a quick sale

I'm fielding stock or near stock Jeep trades with possibly some cash like $2000

Might be interested in trades for 97-01' XJs, 96-98' ZJs, 97'-06' TJs.

Sell me your stocker or lightly modified Jeep and a lil $ and get this offroad beast! :cheers:

$4300 FIRM for a quick sale

Back