• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 2003 Jeep Liberty V6 - $4000 OBO

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
I really hate to see this go, but the parents bought a new Focus this weekend to commute in and it's time to sell the Liberty. We bought it new 10 years ago in July of 2003. Currently has 150,504 on it but will have a couple hundred more by the end of tomorrow. All miles have been primarily highway miles as their commute is 80 miles round trip every day, minimum. This Jeep has never let us down or left us stranded. Starts up every time and runs very good. The transmission shifts perfect. I have done a fair amount of work to it over the last year, but all items have been wear and tear and were to be expected on a Jeep with some miles on it.

Specs:
  • 2003 Liberty Sport V6 (KJ) (3.7L).
  • 150,504 miles.
  • 4x4 (NP231 case, the same as used in our XJ's).
  • 8.25 Rear with factory disc brakes (KJ's got rear disc standard beginning mid-2003 production year).
  • This sport model includes a power moon roof, power locks, windows & mirrors, as well as cruise control.
  • Averaging 18-20mpg on the highway with the A/C on.
  • This is an IFS Jeep, so the ride is excellent.
  • Michelin LTX M/S 2 tires currently, with plenty of tread left.

Recent Repairs:

• Valve Cover Gaskets - Fall 2012.
  • Radiator and Thermostat - Fall 2012.
  • Water Pump - Summer 2013.
  • BRAND NEW A/C (high and low pressure lines, as well as Compressor) - Summer 2013.

All work has been performed by me since day 1. All oil changes have been with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic. When I had the valve covers off last fall, the top end looked amazing. It did NOT look like a motor with well over 100K on it, more like a motor with 50K on it.

There are two minor issues with the Jeep. The first is there is a slow leak from the pinion seal on the front differential. I have the new seal on the shelf in the garage, just have not had a chance to change it out. Will include the new seal with sale. Second, there is a small tear in the drivers seat. This is to be expected with 10 years of DD use.

I would not hesitate to drive this Jeep anywhere. There's still plenty of DD life left in it! It would make a good exploring vehicle for those weekend camping trips. KJ's are a lot more capable off-road then people give them credit for.

Below are a couple of pictures, and I have more on request. I will have the Jeep in my possession until tomorrow evening, after that it will be located in Clemmons NC at my parents house. PM me with any questions/interests. I'd really like to see this Jeep go to a good home!

20130728_135301_zpsea04405a.jpg

20130728_135318_zps6aa1054c.jpg

20130728_135419_zps1a42d9e1.jpg

Back