• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS 1995 4.0L 5spd needs good home $1200

NJ95JeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
After many years of love, I am unfortunately now longer able to keep my Jeep. It's not serving me as the most reliable daily driver anymore and since I don't have the time or place to perform basic repairs on my own, I need to replace it with something a little bit more reliable. I really would love to give it to a good home rather than just hand it over to a dealer who will most likely just scrap it.

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

Here are the vitals:
-1995 Sport, 4.0L 5-speed (mostly stock, with the following exceptions)
-199,xxx miles on original motor & tranny (still runs great!)
-**OME shocks, spring, steering stabilizer installed last summer**
-JKS quick disconnects
-APN exhaust manifold and Flowmaster 40 muffler (little loud)
-Optima Red Top battery
-Pioneer CD player head unit
-factory leather seats salvaged from another wrecked XJ (power never hooked up), still have cloth seats to go with it
-2" receiver

Downsides:
-couple of dents. nothing new there
-clear coat is starting to come off on roof.
-minimal to moderate undercarriage rust
-it was in an accident, so the front quarter panels were sourced from the JY and painted, thus do not exactly match the rest of the body
-in the same accident, the computer was smashed. Replaced it with a JY sourced ZJ computer (i think it actually runs better, but that could just be me)
-AC works, but I think the radiator is clogged because it overheats if you turn the AC on when its really hot outside
-windshield was recently cracked by a flying turnpike stone
-tires need to be replaced soon
-I think one of the left side wheel bearings need to be replaced, that is my best estimation of the newest sound it is making.
-left blinker was acting funny. now it's working. not sure if it will come back
-inspection is due this month (June 2010)

Like I said, I would really just like to give this thing a good home. Would be an absolutely excellent start for a trail rig, or just as a good-working 4x4 for the person with a garage and little know-how.

Any reasonably offer will not be scoffed at. Asking $1200 obo

i like it do you think it will need anything for inspection?

other then what was listed cause i have a pile of wheel bearings and a set of tires.

No, it shouldn't need anything for inspection besides the windshield, left turn signal if it starts acting up again, and possibly tires.

As far as the wheel bearings are concerned, I can't say for sure that's what the problem is, but i could answer any questions you have or you could take a look yourself if for some reason you are near the NYC area.

I should state now that it's currently my DD and I have been test driving used Subie's as a replacement. I should have the new car squared away in a week or two.

Add my Wrangler, bike and truck to the mix and our driveway is/was packed lol.

650 cash?

I'd consider it if the current offer that I have for more falls through. Unfortunately, I will probably not be able to part with it until mid- next week in the best case scenario.

I've been looking for a subie to replace it, but half the dealers around here are a bunch of swindlers (shocker). Yesterday one of them tried to sell me an Impreza wagon with strong dog smell, cuts from dog paws on the interior, and a weird vibration at idle for $13,000. Suuuuure.

nice looking interior with that leather!

Thanks. I salvaged that woodgrain trim from the same wrecked '96 as well. It's hot in the summer, but I still have the factory cloth seats as well.

Back