• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front winch bumper

I just bought a bumper from www.nates4x4.com that should be here soon. Everything I've heard about them has been great and the mounting system look stout. He recently came out with a new winch bumper that looks really good and he has very fair prices

i was wondering if the T&T rock-runner bumper can be bought without all the options, and then at a later point purchase the 4-bolt conversion parts and add it in, or if that is something that has to be welded on at the time of purchase.

and is there a way to increase the frame tie-in strenght on the rustys stinger bumper???

i should be getting my M.O.R.E XJ bumper today, little pricey but its really really beefy and looks great IMO ill take some pics if it comes today and when its on

I'm running a TnT winch bumper on my 98. I like the looks of it because it's not really bulky. That was my hang up on the ARB bumpers. I did install a Poison Spyder front bumper on a customers XJ it was priced pretty good and came black powdercoated. Just an option.

xj rockn said:
i should be getting my M.O.R.E XJ bumper today, little pricey but its really really beefy and looks great IMO ill take some pics if it comes today and when its on

If i was to upgrade to a winch bumper this would be what i would go with

I have the Rock Lizard fab non winch bumper right now, apparently they are working on a winch bumper right now...i might wait for that too

there are a lot of good suguestions in this thread, but no one is taking into account that you want a bumper NOW!

AJ's off road, rigidco, Rustys... all of them are known to be months out on projects... Ive heard of similar issues with Nates4x4

JCR and TNT (besides being NAXJA sponsors) are real companies, with stock on parts, and will ship when you order and pay for it...

I suguest before spending your money that you call the company and ask for a no bull shit assesment of the time to deliver it to your door...

i think you'll find that a lot of the companies out there arent doing enough volume, or are doing too much work for the time they have, and dont stock the parts that they sell, and only make them after you've orderd it...

XJ_ranger said:
JCR and TNT (besides being NAXJA sponsors) are real companies, with stock on parts, and will ship when you order and pay for it...

I suguest before spending your money that you call the company and ask for a no bull shit assesment of the time to deliver it to your door...

i think you'll find that a lot of the companies out there arent doing enough volume, or are doing too much work for the time they have, and dont stock the parts that they sell, and only make them after you've orderd it...

No,we currently do not stock any of our products. We normally have bumpers to ppl's doors by about 15 business days. We are a "real" company, but we would rather keep our prices low and reasonable to our customers. But if we kept a warehouse and bumpers on hand, we would have more overhead that ends up costing the customer more in the long run. We are very rairly over 20 business days, but in some case depending on back log and certain kinds of bumpers (winch bumper and tire carriers) we may come close to that.

We move alot of volume and certainly could start keeping stuff in stock, but we would need a bigger facility, and more employees and we don't think that most customers would want the extra cost associated with that.

We appriciate everyones business, and strive to meet everyones time frames, but in order to keep our prices towards the bottom of the barrel, there has to be a little bit of a wait.

~brian

jcroffroad said:
No,we currently do not stock any of our products. We normally have bumpers to ppl's doors by about 15 business days. We are a "real" company, but we would rather keep our prices low and reasonable to our customers. But if we kept a warehouse and bumpers on hand, we would have more overhead that ends up costing the customer more in the long run. We are very rairly over 20 business days, but in some case depending on back log and certain kinds of bumpers (winch bumper and tire carriers) we may come close to that.

We move alot of volume and certainly could start keeping stuff in stock, but we would need a bigger facility, and more employees and we don't think that most customers would want the extra cost associated with that.

We appriciate everyones business, and strive to meet everyones time frames, but in order to keep our prices towards the bottom of the barrel, there has to be a little bit of a wait.

~brian

right, but im willing to bet that if he ordered a bumper today, you have the materials on hand, will work on it, and get it to him in a timely manner...

- instead of some of the backyard fabricators who will wait till the weekend, then find they are out of the steel they thought they had, buy some during the week, go to work on it the next weekend, and run out of MIG wire, another week passes... then about 5 weeks after ordering, he gets his part...

XJ_ranger said:
there are a lot of good suguestions in this thread, but no one is taking into account that you want a bumper NOW!

AJ's off road, rigidco, Rustys... all of them are known to be months out on projects... Ive heard of similar issues with Nates4x4

I have to stick my foot in it for AJ. Yes, takes forever, but beautiful. I was luckily not on a serious time schedule for this.

I don't know about Rusty's, but AJ and Rigidco are great products and if you want something different or Special done to your bumper, both of these guys will easily make the changes.

Jason

i think rustys is the only winch bumper i've found for cherokees that has a nice high stinger like that. otherwise i'll try to get the T&T bumper.

does anybody else know of any tall stinger bumpers for cherokees???[/QUOTE]
I think the Daystar Four Real bumper has a pretty high stinger. Pretty high price as well.

I'm searching for new bumper, too. I think the Protofab winch unit with stinger looks stout, without sticking out too far forward ( my only vote against the Four Real) and, and krelja says, "and not terribly pricey".

One of the front bumpers that caught my eye a couple of months ago was in a web type of magazine article. It showed the bumper in pieces.

Basically, you had the first piece that mounted to the frame and kinda looked like a cradle for the winch with bumper meat/tube out of the side of the cradle.

Next piece went around the winch as kinda an enclosure.

Lastly was the tube parts that were the grill guard....if I remember correctly.

The biggest deal to me was the low sitting winch in the craddle. It left the front grill almost completely open.

Price for it was like $350-400 if I remember correctly.

Given our cooling problems with the XJs...a low profile winch seems like a good idea.

Back