• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front Triangulation idea!!!

i gotta go to colage for sumething right i figue why not go to school and lurn something that can help me and fellow jeepers along the way and maby even get me a job i enjoy

WIll

At least you guys think about design stuff, I sit and think "Oh, sh!t, did I tighten that drain plug on that oil change??". Now I'm not talking some Geo here, Ferrari, Maserati, and Lamborghini engines cost just a bit more. I'd say that I've not had any second guesses come back to me yet, but soon as I do, tomorrow morning there will be a 360 on a hook. Just my dumb luck.

It's hard to tell if you guys are bonding or post padding.

Maybe both :D

im looking at this and its lookin promising if you keep lowers on same plane as triangulated lowers so esentually 4 lcas and run a radius arm tqr arm what ever off just one or both streight lcas i think you can do it you maintain the same geometry with regards to anti dive aquat as we do now but you lose the track bar. check me on this Y /\ l kinda ya se what im gettin at there just one upper controol arm to set pinion like i believe you have up front or had up front. let me knwo

WIll

Am I missing something or are you now contemplating a 6 link front with 4 lcas and 1 or 2 uppers? What would the befefits be with this as apposed to a 3 or 4 link radius arm setup? There would be more links to bind with your setup, thus possibly a lot less articulation. It is a cool idea though.

There was no benefit to the original design other than bright colors. As already mentioned, it is nothing more than multiple arms doing the job of a simple radius arm. Extra complexity with no gain in functionality.

Why are you guys trying to improve on it? If you want triangulation, you don't need 4 lower arms to accomplish it.

Time for the shi+ can.

if you are talking about my picture, I was merely showing where the arms need to go, as in RELOCATE.....not ADDING a pair.

that thing is no more than a radius arm set-up with goofey arms and no tracbar. If you want your axle operating on a single arc, there is no reason to design your arms to be any more sophisticated than straight links.

Co, maybe yo misunderstood my pic, but your update still shows the red arm.......get rid of it, it isn't doing anything that the green arm doesn't already do....then, put your yellow arm mounting point where the red one used to go.....but of course I mean for it to go in the center left-to-right of the axle tube for adequate triangulation since you are running no tracbar........

this will be my 3rd edit.................

actually....what I said above, and the addition I was gonna make here.........delete the drawing.......start over.

You show a single frame point. That is a radius arm, plain and simple. if that's what you want fine, there are straight-foreward ways to do it, such as the "clayton style" or whatever you wanna call it......

if you want to get rid of the tracbar, thats a different story all together......

think about a rigid a-arm for your upper, and straight links for your lowers.....the articulating joint for the wishbone is the secret to sucess.

I will try to post pics of my latest entry to this topic on a seperate thread....

Last edited:
just a thought but can you run triangulation on the lowers then a single upper or is that to much stress?

WIll

That idea sure makes it easier to think about what the hell you would do about the oil pan, but it presents some serious issues about clearance behind the front axle.......

LUCKILY, I am planning on rolling my wishbone arm on a cnc roller-bender so I'll be able to roll a perfect parabola around the pan, but I STILL may have to cut the front corners off the pan.....

If I'm able to design a shape that has a good combination of clearance and strength, I may be able to offer a DIY piece if this mod gets popular in the future as long arm mods are now.....(but it won't be cheap with one-off setup costs)

seems like a lot of work to accomodate doing the triangulated arm up top, but the upside is ground clearance, not to mention the driveshaft issues!

if ya get that try set up lookin good send me a pic or a drawing or sumthin i would like to se

WIll

Back