• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front drive shaft used in the rear?

i guess im not understanding...

buying a shaft and getting it shorted SHOULD cost more than finding one that fits right the first time. there are a lot of options. and around here, shafts from a grand are about twice the price. i know because i need a longer shaft with my manual tranny. your area might be different i suppose. :dunno:

i guess im not understanding...

buying a shaft and getting it shorted SHOULD cost more than finding one that fits right the first time. there are a lot of options. and around here, shafts from a grand are about twice the price. i know because i need a longer shaft with my manual tranny. your area might be different i suppose. :dunno:

I guess I am talking used from the pick n pull yards... $30 for any 2 piece drive shaft...

there is a place in my area that will shorten and balance for $50...

just depends on your area I guess

So...$30 for an XJ front shaft is more than $30 for a ZJ shaft + $50 for shortening? :dunno:

So...$30 for an XJ front shaft is more than $30 for a ZJ shaft + $50 for shortening? :dunno:

My thoughts exactly. Around here an XJ shaft is $30-$50 while a ZJ shaft is $100+. telling ya... Use the list, I'm sure you can find something with the right joints that will be plug and play.

You area seems to be about the same for getting a shaft shortened/lengthened/balanced though.

i think the over all idea here is if the front shaft with the installed rear is still too short, than than ZJ shortened would be the compromise. I would do the math and measure first, then decide before buying either or.

My thoughts exactly. Around here an XJ shaft is $30-$50 while a ZJ shaft is $100+. telling ya... Use the list, I'm sure you can find something with the right joints that will be plug and play.

You area seems to be about the same for getting a shaft shortened/lengthened/balanced though.

I was under the impression that there was kinda a gap in available drive shafts after the XJ auto 4.0 front shaft... that after that they where about an 1 inch too long... am I missing something?

Back