• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Door Check part needed

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
OK... so I had to fix the wiring in my front drivers side door... had 3 broken wires and 2 that had a small split in the plastic covers. The power windows finally quit so I was forced to tear into the wiring... FIXED it... yeah...

Ok... so my question. I recently replaced the Front Door Check on my drivers side door so it works perfectly... but when working on the wiring I pulled the pin out so I could open the door up just a bit wider to work. When re-assembling everything and attempting to put the 'pin' in the Door Check it popped out and I lost it. Don't know where... think it shot down behind the fender or something...but I flat-out couldn't find it. So I used a small bolt to hod the rod together, but this won't work because the door pops everytime it's opened and closed now... and that's VERY annoying.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about... I need the part circled...

4231-8496frtdoorck2.jpg

Does anyone know if I can buy JUST the pin or what a suitable substitute would be? I hate to buy the entire part just to get the pin. May be I have to search the 'one' Jeep scrapyard I know of to see if I can just get one there. Suggestions appreciated.

I was missing that pin in my passengers door when I got mine and I just put a bolt in place of it and am not having any problems out of it. You didnt say how long the bolt actually was so it may just be too long.

x2 on Team Cherokee, most likely there's other hard to find stuff you need and their prices are decent.

thanks all... I'll try Team Cherokee. I also need a new mechanical fan shroud... since the top of mine is gone and I cought my pinky finger in the fan and it did a bit of slicing and dicing... but I still have my finger and it's healing nicely... :)

... oh, and the 'bolt' is probably ~1/4" or less x 1/2" ... just found something I had in one of my tool boxes that would fit. The piece that's missing actually compresses/expands so it's a good tight fit. I'll see what I can get.

anyone got a set of calipers who can measure the ones in their door right now? ... guess I could do that w/the passenger side roll pin... :)

The roll pin used by Jeep has a collar stamped into it so the pin will not slip all the way through the hole and out the bottom. Good luck finding that roll pin style at any hardware store.

I got a replacement roll pin and a couple spares at the local you-pull-it.

Back