• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front dana 60 swap.

Not to hijack but how are your jeeps holding up to the weight of those monster's? I imagine that the axle would tear the Cherokee apart.
Lots of plating of the uni-rail and weaker areas. That's the pretty easy part of the equation in the scheme of things.

Sorry for all the newbish questions but this is my first axle swap. :gee:
Heres another one.
Could I replace the upper control arm mounts on the axles side with heim joints on the mounts instead of the rubber bushings to attach to the radius arms?
(I know I was told not to use them but I need to do this quick and on a budget so I will run them shortly, Prolly till next rear.)

Alright everyone.
I have started tearing into this thing slightly and have decided not to be a dumbass and I am ditching the radius arms.
I have been looking at all kinds of 3-link builds here and on other forums and on other forums. The one that seem most similar to what I plan on doing is robs.
I will be mounting my lowers to the crossmember under the frame.
Any ideas on the length and mounting location of the upper on pass side?
Thanks again guys.

I will be mounting my lowers to the crossmember under the frame.
Keep them up as high as possible.
Any ideas on the length and mounting location of the upper on pass side?
Thanks again guys.
Cut the floor, length is determined by what works. IIRC, mine is about 36-37" long, joint center to joint center.

Crossmember_Complete.jpg

PanhardMock2.jpg

FrontUpper_Final.jpg

PassFloorPatchCompleted.jpg

BellyForward.jpg

Another setup (MoparManiac's):

IMAG0356.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

Thanks for the pics.
That helps give me better idea of how to do it.
Mine will not be triangulated on the bottom.
It will be more like robs setup.

CALLING ROB!!!!
I have looked at your build thread a hundred times because that is pretty much Identical to what Im doing.
Do you have any more info and pics on your upper link/mount setup.
Sorry to !!!1 but I want this thing done right the first time.

CALLING ROB!!!!
I have looked at your build thread a hundred times because that is pretty much Identical to what Im doing.
Do you have any more info and pics on your upper link/mount setup.
Sorry to !!!1 but I want this thing done right the first time.

i bacicly welded a couple pieces of .25 plate to the top of my clayton crossmember then ran a piece down the frame to be safe, axle end i just cut out some mounts from a chunk of .25 plate wich is also tied into the tb bracket, all pics are at ride hieght

00141.JPG

00325.JPG

0097.JPG

00719.JPG

00812.JPG

hopefuly this helps

Hells yeah.
Thanks a lot man.
Thats exactly what I was thinking.
Thanks everyone for putting up with my stupidity.
I may do a build up of my junk. :wierd:

Back