• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friday wheeling trip

I'll get pics going once I get them from the other guys that went. I only took a few from when we met up at Bunce.

Result:
DutchVDub's rig: fuel pump quit working at the end of the day (around 7pm)
Stewie's rig (just bought it earlier this week): starter went out about mid-day and found an upper control arm had lost its bolt. Put it on my trailer and he rode with me.
Jim's rig: Had to get winched off of a large rock by yours truly, no other issues.
The Kids rig: performed awesome and only suffered minor damage to the ds rear bumper endcap, he did great on his first trip ever.

023-1.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

CIMG1411.jpg

CIMG1416.jpg

CIMG1417.jpg

CIMG1418.jpg

CIMG1419.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics! How far did you get before your fuel pump went out? We made it all the back into town without any further problems with mine. And it is still running fine. I am still going to replace it though.:roll:

Thanks for posting the pics! How far did you get before your fuel pump went out? We made it all the back into town without any further problems with mine. And it is still running fine. I am still going to replace it though.:roll:

Now that I am thinking about it, since the pump gave you probs on the MSV are you sure you did not short it out from all the water?

Now that I am thinking about it, since the pump gave you probs on the MSV are you sure you did not short it out from all the water?

Hmmmmm could have been. But I dont think so. The pump failed about 10 minutes after going through the water you see in the pics. We had to go through the water again when we took off back down the trail and didnt have any issues after that.

We were on our way back down the trail after making it to the large watercrossing on Coney. We had maybe a 1/2mile to go until the parking lot at Camp Dicks just before the start of the trail.

Dude time to put some grab handles in. Someone is going to lose a hand.

Give me a minute will you, I got my Jeep back on the trail in less than 2 weeks after the rollover. Thats pretty good right there as far as I'm concerned, I still have a lot more to do and its going to take time.

Got the fuel pump warrantied by Checker, I had like 4days left until my year was up. I was putting it in but now its like a monsoon at my house so it'll have to wait until tomorrow most likely.

Rich.......

I saw this pic and thought yours could look bitchin' with radiused wheel wells/flares, round headlights, a home-brew bumper/grill guard, flip down windshield and a canvas top like this one:

129_0704_26_z+2007_top_truck_challenge_finalists+1968_kaiser_m715_brian_salazar.jpg

You're damn near there already....... :dunno:

024.jpg

I've already been planning to do just that. I think I even told you such, but it might have been Skully or Stang. Either way, the M715 is definately high on my inspiration list.

I've already been planning to do just that. I think I even told you such, but it might have been Skully or Stang. Either way, the M715 is definately high on my inspiration list.

Nope said nothing, but that is a sweet look to copy! :thumbup:

See if you can find those flares Dutch and graft them into the pseudo XJ you have left...........:D

Back