• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friday the 9th Mountain Run.. Anyone?

what exit off I90 do I take to get to the meeting place?

IXNAYXJ said:
I'm 90% in.
Correction; just got word from Avanteone and my Jeep will be good to go.

See ya'll tomorrow!

EDIT: Spaz, are those Lats and Longs that Phil posted correct? If so, that waaaaay the hell out there. Like significantly past Tinkham road and near the pass. Google map these coordinates: 47° 21'35.45" N 121° 32'21.03" W That is where we camped on the Hypothermia Run, and is also the gate for the Seattle Watershed. Then check out how much farther the coordinates are that Phil posted.

Not only will there be LOTS of snow, it is inside the watershed, and it's a big no-no to tresspass back there.

-----Matt-----

Last edited:
my starter just went out I should still be good though going to try and replace it tonight or tomorrow.

Avanteone said:
Um... make that 98%.... experiencing logistical difficulties :(
logistics are for people that want to get places and get back alive. Who wants that?

Correction...

IT IS NOT IN A WATERSHED...

The last time I was up there, i had the same question. There was a Forest Service truck with a Ranger there at the trailhead, and i asked him about it. This road that we are going on Border Lines the Watershed, and as it crosses into the watershed a couple times, it is still LEGAL to wheel on. The Lake is not considered to be inside the watershed.

The ranger was happy that someone was finally actually going to go up to the lake. Even though it looks to be in the watershed on the map , i garuntee you it is NOT.

I still plan on going, i'll be at the Chevron at 6:30pm in North Bend. I"ll bring a saw, and all that as well. As far as the elevation, sorry about being wrong on that one, maybe i need to get a better map.

If any of you have questions regarding this run, or letting me know if your coming, feel free to call me at (four two five)(nine four one)(five zero two four)

Also... Just a side note, there are trails that lead off this trail that are gated, these are the trails which lead into the watershed.

Ok, i'm a freagin Retard... My dad let me borrow his other GOOD map.... I'm complety wrong, forgive me, it's NOT Lake Albert, it's Scout Lake, which still is not in the watershed...

LOL trust me guys i'm not normally this bad, but the map i had sucked, i know how to get there, it should be fun..... Who's with me... This lake is no where near as far as lake albert is in.

I'm not planning on camping guys... too cold, but maybe a fire if we get there would be cool, depends on the time.

So again, sorry for the wrong info, i hope you all don't think i'm wack... lol

I'll be at the Chevron at 6:30, i'll be leaving around 7pm, I'll be on Channel (4) on the CB and have my cell phone on. Hope you all can make it, it will be fun

Spaz said:
it's Scout Lake, which still is not in the watershed...

You mean this Scout Lake? It's south of 5510 as you're headed up to the Cedar R watershed gate (and definitely outside the watershed). There's a "road" that heads left (south) at one of the switchbacks before the lower shooting range, goes for about 1/2 mile and ends in an old log landing. The lake itself is another 50 min hike up through the woods (in the summer, though).

The lake:
scout_lake.jpg

Watch out for the stump monster that tried to eat my friend:
scout_lake_corrine.jpg

-i

I'm back in the game new starter in the jeep so I'm running again. BTW what is your cell number just in case?

Wrong Scout Lake, but it looks like a nice lake lol

How bought this.... Lets not name the lake, lets only trust Ben = mwah, to get us to this lake, and YES it's NOT IN A WATERSHED.

I"m not stupid enough to do illegal wheeling, as i've done it in the past when I was 18yrs old, and paid for it in tickets.

My cell # is 425-941-5024 If i don't pick it up, leave a message, and state that you are with the jeep club regarding the run, and i'll call you back, but i should pick up.

Im bringing a chain saw just in case, but i don't plan on doing brush removal, thats why I said if you like your paint job then don't come.

So we have like 2 for sure then + me?

I hope more of you can make it, it should be a nice fun decently short run.

See you all tommorows
~Ben

I'm in so see ya tomorrow

Well, that was interesting.

One blown t-case, one blown radiator, one major stuck, one Jeep almost over a cliff, 5 gallons of gas sloshing around in the back of a Jeep, etc....

And we only made it about 1/2 mile down the trail.

Can't wait 'till next time! :D

-----Matt-----

P.S. It was great meeting all you guys; looking forward to swapping stories at the M&G!

Just to clarify, i ONLY had the broken T-Case, none of the other stuff belonged to me

But definatly it was nice actually meeting you some of you, and i can see some friendships already starting to form, which is nice. I did enjoy getting muddy and pullin WaXJ skier out from his awful stuck though, that was fun, and OMG the gas was halarious (among other things, associated with this particular individual), guess you all that didn't come will have to go to the M&G to find out.

LOL

Overall thanks IXNAYXJ for showing up, as well as the new kid too "jermie"

Back