• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Freighting a Jeep cross country

Handlebars said:
Why is there constant stream of semis going through town, day or night?
LOL. Its on major RT to get between TX and the NW. But it isn't a major stopping town.

When I was hauling cars...and we were going through Albuquerque all the time...it was a PITA to get something in or out of there.

xjcrawlr said:
Try a group rate.

A guy my local club got together with some of his buddies and they shipped 4 jeeps on a flatbed trailer from Phoenix to Reno (Rubicon), thier cost for a round trip was around $600 each. By the time you factor in gas, hotel, and time lost to work for travel....thats not to shabby. As I recall, they shipped 4 days in advanced, flew in, picked up jeeps, did the Rubicon, shipped the jeeps back, flew back and picked ups jeeps 3 days later. He was their for a total 4 days, including his travel time.

Lets see, I make $150 a day, X's 6 days travel (three up, three back)= $900, + lodgeing, food, gas :shocked: ...... sounds like a deal to me.
that sounds really good, damn

but unfortunatly the distance involved there isnt even close to what mine would be :(

i moved my car from illinois to california in under 5 days with a car hauler
it depends on where they are for the time it takes (haulers continuously drop off and pick up) but its around 500+ depending on where you go

Back