• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frankenstorm 2012

water...check
cb radio...check
adult beverages...check
generator...check
gasoline...check
aspirin...check
lantern...check
chainsaw...check

The local electric company just called and the recorded message was '' prepare to be without electricity for at least a week""
This should be interesting.

CIMG1742.jpg

Keep your heads down, and your eyes & ears open.

hahah i have my booze, knives, water, guns etc ready. Will check in at work in the AM then heading home.....

supposedly winds won't even hit 60mph gusting here... this storm is gonna be dumb. Not over 3" of rain, either.

I guess the half-rack of PBR I have left will be more than enough.

I'm hoping it is more media hype than anything.
Ran the generator (run it every 3 months anyway, so its good), brought everything that isn't bolted down inside, and barricaded my garage doors with plastic and furring 12" OC 'cause the real doors don't go on till this week. Darn storm costing me money I don't have... :(

GarageDoorsPrepHurricaneSandy.jpg

I'm hoping it is more media hype than anything.

Its not. Shit is bad, storm surge is gonna be insane. My buddy has his lobster boat docked and he and all the other captains are staying with their boats at the dock. Seas are already over 20ft, forecasted to be 45ft tomorrow.

Media hype is different in different areas. Im sure people are freaking out more than they need to in areas like mine, or bills. **** living near the coast though. Id be worried then.

laid down a bucket of speedy dry against the bottom of the garage door(garage floor is a inch lower then the driveway) besides that im set

Spent the day delivering industrial water pumps. The town of fairfield rented every pump godwin pumps had available today, also known as the supply of pumps for all of the northeast. 15 loads of pumps, roughly 100 pumps ranging from 4 to 12 inch are now located at their public works yard, 1/8 mile from the shore, at an elevation of 3the feet below sea level.

Arrogant ****s are screwing over a lot of people and will probably lose most of the pumps.

Pretty sure I'll lose power at home since im in the middle of nowhere but work has a generator large enough to power the 40k sqft lodge and all the chefs are in :laugh3:

If i can close on the house wed and move in im right in the center of town so should get power back fairly quick........meaning 4 days:rattle:

now I'm off to fill sandbags

Just talked with my boss, we're taking the day off. Crane work woulda be so much fun in this!!! My Dad and I just went around the house and double checked things to make sure nothing will blow away. Topped off the gas jugs and have the generator on stand by. I dont think it will be too bad, but it seems like we'll get some rain and wind pretty good here.

Dietz lanterns full, candles out, water stored, coleman dual fuel and gas grill ready, Engel fridge in Jeep and two extra car batteries charged in garage, Jeeps close to house away from questionable trees, etc..

Worried about the Shelter Logic tent-arage.

And got the Flu.. or something.. ****

Stay safe all..

Back