• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

frame strengthener work? anyone have one?

juicexj24

NAXJA Forum User
I read about that in the last two JP mag's. They ended up removing it for a long arm install. I would think that it would interfer with rock rails. Or that a good set of rock rails that run the pinch seam would kind of do the same thing. Also a frame skid running from the lca mount to the leaf spring mount would do it as well. Just an idea. Juice

juicexj24 said:
Also a frame skid running from the lca mount to the leaf spring mount would do it as well. Just an idea. Juice

I was at T&J yesterday and they have just that. The skid is cut to fit the frame rail.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10722&highlight=frame
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10522&highlight=frame

I have the T&J Stage 2 Stiffener. Yes it stiffens it up quite a bit. It will get in the way of ready-made rock rails. If you cut and notch the mounting legs on the rock rails you can weld them right to the stiffener though. It stiffens it up by tying in the suspension pivot points. Some of the JeepSpeed guys use them, that's where it started and why T&J came out with them. The picture linked in the other post are the stiffeners without the skids. They mount to the side of the frame rails. The end with 2 mounting points goes up front. The LCA bolt goes through the bottom one and the top one gets welded to the sub-frame. The rear main eye spring bolt goes through the mounting point on the other end. The skids that are part of the stage 2 are 3/16" steel and completely cover the underside of the frame rails, then angle up on the side to meet up with the stiffeners and are welded to the stiffener. I've had mine on for around 6 months but am now taking them off because I'll be getting rid of the stock LCA mounts. I think they're worthwhile as a quick and easy way to stiffen up the chassis, but not the ultimate way. Look at what Jes did for the ultimate IMO. Anybody want to buy a used set?

those ones from Detours look pretty solid and the fact that they have sliders makes it all the better. i would really like to make my own sliders and rail but i leave for school pretty soon and time is a factor. doese any one have some of those detour rails?

also what is UniStrut?

Back