• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame Stiffner for Full Traction

Install pic posting this week. Rockrails are done just need to paint and install will be posting those as well.

Temps here are 103-106 I swear I am drinking almost a case of water a day. I finnaly got the frame stiffner's installed last night and all the links hooked up. It was not easy setting the caster and pinion angles as I could not get the axle to droop far enough to take the springs out. Ratchet strap after rachet strap and multiple jacking points utilizing my highlift got the job done but it was dangerous and I would have loved to have a hoist.

I installed the frame stiffeners and rock rails all I need to do now is cut tabs and weld them to the frame stiffeners and to the unibody.

Here is were the stiffener attached to the rear spring hanger using the factory spring bolt.

Here is a closer look at the two mounting points that attach to the Full Taction bracket using the existing Full Traction hardware.

Here is a closer look at the rock rail mount. The rock rails have a smaller tube diameter that slides into the mounting points on the frame stiffeners and then a bolt goes through both of them.

And the finish pictures.

So far I have driven the jeep on the HWY and surface roads and the ride is a lot quiter then with Johney Joints and Hiems on the LCA's. The Jeep also goes over bumps a lot smoother than before and does make any clunking noises as before. The flex should be better than with the Johney Joint Hiem combo it had before however I have not tested it off road. I did figure out that the shocks are not long enough and restrict the axle from drooping as much as it is capable of. As always there will be testing and more testing and one day I will have limiting straps with the proper shocks installed but until then the shocks that are on the XJ at the current moment will be the limiting straps.

Chris, Jeep turned out nice. Are you going to make it to Skillz Day tomorrow?

Sorry for the late response yes I was at Skillz Day it was awesome got to test everything out and the Jeep worked great. I love the Duraflex joints they flexed just as good as Johnie Joints if not better. I wanted to put the Jeep on the RTI trailer but broke a rear brake line on a rock and lost my brakes. With help from your crew We were able to clamp the line fill the master cylinder up and get the brakes working so I could get home. I also took a look at your new XJ lift system and wish I had another XJ to install it on. Thanks for lunch and a good time will look forward to other events with your crew.

Eric@Metalcloak.

Back