• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame stiffeners with an RC crossmember?

Finally done with the front and mid stiffener install. It was a real pain in the ass to get them to work with this long arm kit.

For anyone else who attempts this, make sure you have an easy way to elongate holes in 1/4" plate, because you will be doing a lot of it. I didn't have a torch or an air grinder so I did it the hard way.

It feels really sturdy on the road now. Can't wait to get it into the dirt.

normal_image~128.jpg

Why did you have to elongate holes? In order to account for the distance the bolt holes were moved due to the thickness of the stiffeners? I'm planning stiffeners with a frolich long arm kit and will be running into this issue too.

The frame rail becomes at least 1/8th of an inch thicker on the bottom and outside, so the bolt holes in that angle bracket pictured above won't reach the old frame holes. Same problem with the bottom holes in the track bar bracket if you do front stiffeners.

Looks great, I will be tackling this same project when I get back home in a few months. Still have to decide between Claytons/BDS/TNT long arms but I've decided I'm going with the HD stiffeners at least. May I ask what welder you used? I will be buying one before I tackle this project and will be a first timer as well.

Back